Athletic Director

ekugrad1970

Re: Athletic Director

Post by ekugrad1970 »

Just a thought.....reading on sb nation schools that would be better at fcs and Kent state was on the list......would it not be interesting if Kent took our place in the ovc football and we took their place in the MAC football.....they are a basketball ball school and we are football.....and interesting possibility for the new AD
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Kent State is to far north for the OVC. Maybe the MVC.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Colonel12 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:47 am Kent State is to far north for the OVC. Maybe the MVC.
I'm not sure they fit the MVC much better. Akron and Youngstown state are both former OVC members located really, really close to Kent State in Northeast Ohio.

Bottom line...they're not actually moving down. No one does that totally willingly.* Just because a guy writing an article has an opinion that doesn't mean the school itself sees it as desirable, and my bet is that Kent doesn't see it that way. Whose to say the same guy writing the article doesn't put us on that list if we were in the MAC.

*Idaho technically recently became the first school to do so, but that was because their associate football membership in the Sunbelt was revoked and they really had no other options in terms of conference membership. It was also an easy move for them since they were already full members of the Big Sky.

I'd love to join the MAC, but the only chance that happens is if they decide to expand at some point (which is not impossible by any stretch).
ekugrad1970

Post by ekugrad1970 »

Have always contended that the MAC is the ideal conference for us.....mostly regional universities in a tight nit geographical area......we would be the southern most school and believe me the folks from Michigan would appreciate a game in central Kentucky late in the season. In Football we could be competitive in a short time.....hope administratively we are ready if the opportunity comes our way
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Surprised there’s not a little more chatter from Matt’s introduction yesterday. Way he talked, definitely sounds like he’s ready to do what it takes to get us back to the upper tier. Great speech that paid respects to our traditions and expectations as a program.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Well, I'm very happy to see this move...our old AD was a disaster! Also, I'm happy that AD Roan has close ties to former Prez Benson. Hopefully some of Benson's innovative fund raising will rub off on Roan!

A few pet peeves I hope are addressed are the grounds around our stadiums! :o :shock: :? The main entrance of the football stadium is always littered with old chairs, tables, signs and often other debris...kinda looks like those abandoned soccer venues in 3rd world countries...and the parking lot, at the new locker room, is always littered with equipment, garbage bins, old junk and needs to be paved!

The outfield area of the softball stadium is also in the same shape...old equipment, mowers, tarps, weeds growing along the fence, broken and abandoned bleachers piled up...these issues are not those of the coaches or their staff but of the Athletic Department!

We are EKU...we can and need to be better than this! We may not have the best...be we for sure can have the nicest!!!

Been wanting to get that off my chest for sometime...sorry for the ramble!!!
martinhall1966

Post by martinhall1966 »

Well said EKULFAN! Our " game experience " is not what it should be. I am a '70 alum. My kids went to Miami of Ohio and Ohio University. Their football game attendance was horrible. OU students left after their Marching 110 Band performed at halftime. I was often the only dumbass there at the end of the game. Miami preppies showed up for tailgating, much like our students and left. Their facilities were immaculate. Ours are not! You nailed it EKULFAN! EKU put up or shut up! Go Colonels!
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

EKULFan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 am Well, I'm very happy to see this move...our old AD was a disaster! Also, I'm happy that AD Roan has close ties to former Prez Benson. Hopefully some of Benson's innovative fund raising will rub off on Roan!

A few pet peeves I hope are addressed are the grounds around our stadiums! :o :shock: :? The main entrance of the football stadium is always littered with old chairs, tables, signs and often other debris...kinda looks like those abandoned soccer venues in 3rd world countries...and the parking lot, at the new locker room, is always littered with equipment, garbage bins, old junk and needs to be paved!

The outfield area of the softball stadium is also in the same shape...old equipment, mowers, tarps, weeds growing along the fence, broken and abandoned bleachers piled up...these issues are not those of the coaches or their staff but of the Athletic Department!

We are EKU...we can and need to be better than this! We may not have the best...be we for sure can have the nicest!!!

Been wanting to get that off my chest for sometime...sorry for the ramble!!!
No, I have to agree with you on that. Pre-Gameday stuff like that is the little things that separates great from “ehh”. On the equipment and such, my understanding is there has been a focus on utilizing the space they have lately, organizing and such. So I expect this upcoming season will see a few of those issues addressed.