Ads?

Any updates I have as far as upgrades I will post in here.

Would ads on the forum cause you to stop using the forum?

Yes
9%
No
91%

Total votes: 11

dljordaneku

Ads?

Post by dljordaneku »

Quick question. You may or may not know that hosting for a website can get pretty expensive. Right now I offset the cost of this forum by helping others with the hosting of their websites but that may or may not be the case in the future. So I was thinking about the possibility of placing some ads on the site. It wouldn't be to many ads. I'm thinking of maybe one on the front page of the forum either on the top or bottom and then maybe one at the top and/or bottom of each thread. But I was wanting to know your thoughts. Would the ads bother you to the point where you wouldn't come back to the forum? I'm not looking to get rich off of the ads, just enough to pay the hosting fees and maybe a trip or two during the year to get some photos of the Colonels in action. So please vote in the poll and let me know your thoughts here.

Also, if you are a business who might be interested in advertising on here let me know. :)

dj
Jazzman1522

Re: Ads?

Post by Jazzman1522 »

I have little to no problems with ads, especially if it'll help keep this thing going. I truly appreciate that it exists and I really appreciate all the work you've done to keep it running. My one concern is that the ads would be legitimate and not of the shady internet "meet hot girls" variety. That sort of thing would make me uncomfortable. Of course, I have no idea how any of this works, but I did want to throw that out there. Thanks!
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

Thanks for the comment. I can guarantee that the ads would be legitimate. The system I installed let's me put the ads in that I want. It can be automatic but I won't use those. I'm not looking to get rich, just something to pay the bills. If you want to see how it looks I can turn it on for everyone. In fact, if you were on the site at the right time today you would have seen my test ad I put in. I have it set right now that only I can see it. I'm testing the system to see how it looks.

Dj
EKUfan

Post by EKUfan »

Jazzman1522 wrote: . . . My one concern is that the ads would be legitimate and not of the shady internet "meet hot girls" variety. That sort of thing would make me uncomfortable.
Just one minute, Jazzman. Some of us might want to meet hot girls.
Jazzman1522

Post by Jazzman1522 »

EKUfan wrote:
Jazzman1522 wrote: . . . My one concern is that the ads would be legitimate and not of the shady internet "meet hot girls" variety. That sort of thing would make me uncomfortable.
Just one minute, Jazzman. Some of us might want to meet hot girls.
Hey, I understand and appreciate the sentiment. But a website with cheap, grammatically incorrect advertising may not be the best place to do it.
EKU10

Post by EKU10 »

I have thoroughly enjoyed this site and encourage you to do what you have to do to keep it going and would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the work you've done so far to keep it going.
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

Thanks for all of the positive comments. I know when the old site went down a lot of people were wondering what happened. I happened to have a way to get a new one up and running so I did. I don't want it to go away again. There is a lot I would like to do with the site overall but currently don't have the time or the resources. But the ads could be a way to get there in the future. Since there seems to be no negative towards it, I will push forward so be ready. I am going to go ahead and turn on a test ad later this week so you guys will see what it will look like and you can give me some feedback on the look.

thanks

dj
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

CRAP !!!! Darrell, leave it to an old man having a senior moment. I inadvertently voted yes. In reality I have NO problems with ads for the purpose of keeping the site up and running. Please ignore my yes vote.

And NO comments about my mistake Blitz!!!!!!!
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

FGColonel wrote:CRAP !!!! Darrell, leave it to an old man having a senior moment. I inadvertently voted yes. In reality I have NO problems with ads for the purpose of keeping the site up and running. Please ignore my yes vote.

And NO comments about my mistake Blitz!!!!!!!
LOL. Ok. No problem. I just don't want to ruin the site with them. Now I just need to get my stuff together and get it done. :)

dj
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

Just an update. I still have plans to to do this. But at this time I haven't been out to find people to advertise on the site. However I think I going to go ahead and turn it on with an ad to see if I can find someone to advertise on here. So don't be surprised if you see it coming soon.

dj