SIU-Edwardsville

ekubg

SIU-Edwardsville

Post by ekubg »

OK. SIU-E has been a thorn in our side no matter who has been our coach. They are especially tough at their place, as we always seem to stub our toe there. EIU is the better of the two teams we play on this road trip, so I'd be happy with a split. It'll be much better to win the first game and then hope for a sweep than to lose against SIU-E and have to beat EIU. Plus, SIU-E hasn't played a game in almost a month. I would think that goes in our favor, but who knows?
On a side note, I don't think EKU has won 7 games in a row since Neubauer's 2014 team that won 8 or 9 to begin the season. Someone can fact check me on that.
Let's keep it rolling!
smidge34

Re: SIU-Edwardsville

Post by smidge34 »

It’s you guys’ best start since 1952-53.

https://twitter.com/ekusports/status/13 ... 45603?s=21
Sae

Post by Sae »

If we want to make noise this year, this has to be a 2-0 road trip
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Agree with Sae, we need both of these games. Really we need the next five. They are all winnable. We really need to get the two or three seed in the tourney to try to avoid Belmont as long as we can.

I am just not sure we are beating Belmont this year. I hope I am terribly wrong but we need to make some major improvements in the half court to beat them. We can’t afford the terrible offensive possessions where we just rush and take bad shots and we still have work to do defensively in the half court if we are going to beat them. Good thing is we still have a month till we play Belmont to get better.

These next five are winnable but after that we have go to JSU, have two against Belmont, and play Murray and Peay at home. All those will be tough games and ones we certainly could lose.

Let’s get these next two and come home and take care of business against SEMO and Martin and we will be in a really good spot.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

The SIU-E game with EIU for Tuesday was postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions. I wonder if Thursday’s game will be, too.
https://www.siuecougars.com/sports/m-ba ... 0112em1gdj
g--

Post by g-- »

I’ve been concerned about the SIU-E game because they’ve missed so many games due to Covid-19 restrictions. I think it might be best if we don’t play them.
Sae

Post by Sae »

ekubg wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:22 am The SIU-E game with EIU for Tuesday was postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions. I wonder if Thursday’s game will be, too.
https://www.siuecougars.com/sports/m-ba ... 0112em1gdj
Did it say who was having to Covid issue, EIU or SIUE. I'd assume Edwardsville since they have missed so much already but did not see in the article.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

Nothing I read listed which party was postponing. However, on EIU’s site they state their next game is at home against Morehead, so I assume it’s on SIU-E.
I would like to see them play. I think the Cougars have to be rusty from not having played games on so long.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

The game is officially postponed.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

Thought this would be the case, since they postponed with EIU on Tuesday night. Need to focus on getting a win against a tough EIU team.
https://ekusports.com/news/2021/1/13/me ... poned.aspx