Marshall Preview and Predictions

BigDawgEKU

Re: Marshall Preview and Predictions

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Wells might be end up being a terrible coach but with a whole new coaching staff and very limited practice it was never going to be pretty. This team has had to learn all new plays, audibles, hand signals, verbiage, and new assignments. Teams that are returning their coordinators and head coach have a huge advantage this year. They can just take what they did last year and use it again this year and spend their limited practice time on execution while our limited practice time has been on learning a new system.

Today should have not been this ugly but it was never going to be pretty
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

I agree with that, BigDawg. Also, Marshall has an all-senior O-line. FBS lines are always difficult to contend with, but this just exacerbates the issue.

I’m certainly not quitting on a brand new staff after one game, but man do we have a long way to go.
ekupops

Post by ekupops »

Do we get paid for games against teams like Marshall?
Go Colonels!
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

ekupops wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:55 pm Do we get paid for games against teams like Marshall?
I certainly hope so. We will get big bucks from WVU next week. This is not going to be a fun season.
ekufan4life

Post by ekufan4life »

dmr55 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:39 pm
EKU05 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:32 pm I desperately don’t want to be THIS guy, but is it at least in the realm of possibility that we gave up on Mark Elder a little too quickly?

This is awful. It looks like our team hasn’t been coached at all. Ever. By anyone.

I genuinely feel bad for the kids to have to play through this.
Mark Elder lost in his first game as a high school coach so no
Actually Elder won his first game...lost his second. He did have Colonels heading in the right direction though.
Eternal Colonel

Post by Eternal Colonel »

Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 pm
ekupops wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:55 pm Do we get paid for games against teams like Marshall?
I certainly hope so. We will get big bucks from WVU next week. This is not going to be a fun season.
...I'll take playing and yes, struggling mightily to taking the route of the cowardly OVC.

Spring FB ? Winter FB ? Neither will likely occur, but-EKU is playing NOW and for that, I'm proud to
be an Eternal Colonel...
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 pm
I think we are getting $200,000.
g--

Post by g-- »

I don't know if this has already been posted;

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... s-t-shirts

The game made it into the national news.
jrw77

Post by jrw77 »

Does this mean they support the Marxist-Terrorist group Black Lives Matter?
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Rough, tough day. Not going to bail on this team, but need to see improvement. Hot day, and the Marshall fans need to work on actually following the mask rule if they want to keep their season going. Will say most of them actually were very nice to us, though.