The Marshall Plan

GoldenBear

The Marshall Plan

Post by GoldenBear »

Who’s going to the game Saturday? Also, if you have been to a game at Marshall before then what should we expect? What’s the atmosphere like? Any good spots to eat? How much walking from the parking lot to the stadium? Let’s talk!
Sae

Re: The Marshall Plan

Post by Sae »

Parking is terrible, the stadium sits in downtown Huntington, you park in random business lots or in alleys on side streets, all the lots at the stadium are pass lots. With the limited attendance, I dont know what to expect as far as crowds. There are several places to eat around the stadium, again with crowds in questions who knows where you can get in or not. There is a place called Fat Patties that is a really good places with a bunch of kinds of burgers right by the stadium, don't know how difficult it will be to get in there pregame. With this being an odd year its hard to tell what to expect really. It kills me, I live in Ashland so this is pretty much a home game for me, and can't go, our high school team I coach is having a intersquad game at 6 so I doubt I can make it back
Eternal Colonel

Post by Eternal Colonel »

...It's been awhile since I've been to a game there.

You may be able to park on one of the boulevard's-3rd Avenue during the
current conditions.

Google places to eat; it's a college town with lots of options nearby.
ekugrad1970

Post by ekugrad1970 »

Parking should be ok because attendance will be low.....The Stadium is very nice.....if u go downtown which is only a few blocks from campus lots of good places to eat at Pullman Square.....probably 4 or 5 blocks from the stadium on 3rd ave I believe.....just ask anyone directions to Pullman Square......GoBig E
Sae

Post by Sae »

if you follow the road on the locker room end of the stadium it goes by Pullman square. There is a Roosters their, down one more block is a place called back yard pizza and raw bar. Has awesome wood fired pizzas that are not the normal pepperoni. They have those also, but all homemade stuff and they do things like mussels and oysters, tons of craft beer, lots from WV breweries. Its probably my favorite place to eat in Huntington
bill54

Post by bill54 »

If you like Italian, Rocko's at nearby Ceredo-Kenova is good.
Sae

Post by Sae »

bill54 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:33 am If you like Italian, Rocko's at nearby Ceredo-Kenova is good.
It would have to be a post game meal, they don't open till later in the afternoon, Ceredo is about 15 min from the stadium, it is a nice restaurant, small but has the best true italian food of anywhere I have eaten in any city.
Bam

Post by Bam »

bill54 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:33 am If you like Italian, Rocko's at nearby Ceredo-Kenova is good.
Great choice. It’s actually Rocco’s
Mess with the devil and get the horns
bill54

Post by bill54 »

Bam wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:56 am
Great choice. It’s actually Rocco’s
I was afraid I misspelled it. Should have double checked. I've eaten there several times. You'd think I'd know how to spell it.
Bam

Post by Bam »

Great food.
Mess with the devil and get the horns