Receivers Walk Out

DannyHopesGhost

Re: Receivers Walk Out

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Colonel12 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am But it seems the coach and AD story is sweep it under the rug. IF they were innocent they woukd be out there making sure everyone knew. Instead they release a weak statement and refuse to talk to media while other players leave.
I’m not sure it’s a “weak” statement. The way it is worded in the part where it begins with “We completely agree..” seems to be worded such that he is saying “if we find a shred of truth to this, people are gone”. It’s all lawyer speak drafted by lawyers for administrative butt covering. I will wait to see what the investigation yields before I jump on the bandwagon to fire Wells or castigate a student athlete for doing what he feels is best for himself. This is anything but a cut and dried issue. Safety is THE most important thing, but we are operating without all the facts as outsiders. Just not a good situation and as a Colonel, I want it resolved PDQ for the good of our school and program and players/staff.
ItTakesWhatItTakes18

Post by ItTakesWhatItTakes18 »

Should of never fired Dean!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

ekualum

Post by ekualum »

Attack the White kid for not coming to the AD... the kid went to his position coach. This is wrong and attempt to CYA. No mention by AD about other two players quitting for same Covid protocol concerns.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

That is a lot better than i was afraid it would be.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Colonel12 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:12 pm That is a lot better than i was afraid it would be.
Agree.
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

neugie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 pm Should fire Wells and bring Danny Hope in to salvage the season
Really ????????
Danny Hope DID NOT AND DOES NOT WANT THE JOB!!!! He is exactly where he wants to be , doing what he wants to do.
I can not believe you people. We finally have two people in place that truly loves EKU football and understands the history and tradition. Matt Roan and Walt Wells are exactly what we need at this point. Either help push the wagon or get off. This kind of crap hurts the program to no end. If someone does not feel comfortable not participating they SHOULD step away. Walt and the NCAA have given them that option with no reprisal. They should do what they think is right for them BUT. They are 19 to 22 year old kids that are in no position to DEMAND anything. Just do what you have to do and everyone respects your decision.

Ok I am done. Go ahead and beat me up, I am finished , have said my say and will not respond to argue or debate this foolishness. I am right and anyone that has been around for any length of time knows it.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

FGColonel wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:15 pm
neugie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 pm Should fire Wells and bring Danny Hope in to salvage the season
Really ????????
Danny Hope DID NOT AND DOES NOT WANT THE JOB!!!! He is exactly where he wants to be , doing what he wants to do.
I can not believe you people. We finally have two people in place that truly loves EKU football and understands the history and tradition. Matt Roan and Walt Wells are exactly what we need at this point. Either help push the wagon or get off. This kind of crap hurts the program to no end. If someone does not feel comfortable not participating they SHOULD step away. Walt and the NCAA have given them that option with no reprisal. They should do what they think is right for them BUT. They are 19 to 22 year old kids that are in no position to DEMAND anything. Just do what you have to do and everyone respects your decision.

Ok I am done. Go ahead and beat me up, I am finished , have said my say and will not respond to argue or debate this foolishness. I am right and anyone that has been around for any length of time knows it.
Playing Devils Advocate here. This is an unprecedented event, emotions are high, the uncertainty of when this pandemic will settle down, etc is an extra stressor no one has really dealt with since 1918. I’m fine with kids challenging some. Anytime there is smoke, there is fire. Even a small one. The Roan statement admits mistakes were made, but not malicious ones. So White wasn’t too far off. Some exaggeration? I’m sure there was. Is what it is and I hate that not only did he go public, but that he felt he had to. Time to move on.

As for whether Wells is the right man is still to be seen. Not because I don’t think so, because he hasn’t coached a game yet. So I will reserve judgement on that and support the program.
neugie

Post by neugie »

FG Colonel I made my statement baed on the info that was coming out at the time I no way meant to hurt the program I guess i should stop expressing my opinions on here and juast defer to you and you postions