Receivers Walk Out

Braxton

Receivers Walk Out

Post by Braxton »

It’s getting worse. The EKU wide receivers walked out of practice and will not return until everyone is tested for Covid.

Wow.
- FIRE JAKE JOHNSON -
Maroon Forever

Re: Receivers Walk Out

Post by Maroon Forever »

This is not good ( as the other thread says ). I’m bothered that the AD’s statement sounded like “circling the wagons.” That’s hard to do when the wheels are coming off.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

This is not good ( as the other thread says ). I’m bothered that the AD’s statement sounded like “circling the wagons.” That’s hard to do when the wheels are coming off.
Sae

Post by Sae »

Some answers better come quick or there is not gonna be a team to save.
neugie

Post by neugie »

Should fire Wells and bring Danny Hope in to salvage the season
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Updated story says they met with Wells beforehand and wanted tests. Supposedly they were told if they had concerns about health could stay away from practice and many took him up on it.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Makes firing the past coach look like a huge mistake. This guy has lost the locker room before one game.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

DannyHopesGhost wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:33 pm Updated story says they met with Wells beforehand and wanted tests. Supposedly they were told if they had concerns about health could stay away from practice and many took him up on it.
We are in uncharted territory here. No precedent to guide us. That said, it doesn’t look like players’ concerns are being met very well. I’m going to be very surprised if there is an EKU football season this year.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Maroon Forever wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:10 pm
DannyHopesGhost wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:33 pm Updated story says they met with Wells beforehand and wanted tests. Supposedly they were told if they had concerns about health could stay away from practice and many took him up on it.
We are in uncharted territory here. No precedent to guide us. That said, it doesn’t look like players’ concerns are being met very well. I’m going to be very surprised if there is an EKU football season this year.
I can’t disagree. However I also know that we often only hear one side of a story or a ver parsed version. So I am just going to wait and see.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

But it seems the coach and AD story is sweep it under the rug. IF they were innocent they woukd be out there making sure everyone knew. Instead they release a weak statement and refuse to talk to media while other players leave.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion