SEC Declsion

Maroon Forever

SEC Declsion

Post by Maroon Forever »

Does anyone know if the SEC decision to play a 10 game conference only season affects any OVC schools? Specifically, if one of our members had a money game with an SEC school, are they out the guarantee or will it be paid anyway?
EKU05

Re: SEC Declsion

Post by EKU05 »

Maroon Forever wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:13 pm Does anyone know if the SEC decision to play a 10 game conference only season affects any OVC schools? Specifically, if one of our members had a money game with an SEC school, are they out the guarantee or will it be paid anyway?
Aren't they doing a 10 + 1?

If that's the case, here's thing:

I would assume that most of these contracts include some kind of out in the case of an act of God (like COVID), but if they go with the +1 model as several leagues are, that shows they are willing to play out of the conference, and I think it would give an OVC school some legal leverage towards at least getting a portion of the check if a game is cancelled. It's hard to say anything for sure, but I've heard this discussed on local radio here in Louisville. Things are about to get interesting!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

SEC is only playing in conference.

ACC is doing 10+1 with the +1 having to be a home game or in state.

UNC tried pulling a fast one telling Auburn they would play the game scheduled for Auburn at Chapel Hill.

I did my Masters at Texas A&M. They are talking about having the funding to pay the 3 one game only schools whose games wob't get played.

Big 12 still TBD ( impacts WVU game)

Conf USA is playing 8 and however many OOC games a school can schedule. Wonder if Western has been in contact?
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Steve 82 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 pm SEC is only playing in conference.

ACC is doing 10+1 with the +1 having to be a home game or in state.

UNC tried pulling a fast one telling Auburn they would play the game scheduled for Auburn at Chapel Hill.

I did my Masters at Texas A&M. They are talking about having the funding to pay the 3 one game only schools whose games wob't get played.

Big 12 still TBD ( impacts WVU game)

Conf USA is playing 8 and however many OOC games a school can schedule. Wonder if Western has been in contact?
According to Matt Roan in the Richmond Register, they will know more after Monday, but anticipate playing the WVU game. Sounds like biggest question is whether it’s in September on regular schedule or if they move it to August 29th.

Article was very detailed as to the exact impact on other teams in the OVC and it sounds like TN State schedule got hammered the worst due to having so many games against HBCUs
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Link as I could not find it.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Steve 82 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:15 pm Link as I could not find it.
https://www.richmondregister.com/ovc-fo ... 88acb.html
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

EIU was scheduled to play UK so that game will be out. This could help EKU somewhat, not as much as the SEC decision but also the ACC. Louisville now can't play Kentucky due to the SEC decision. However, the ACC can play one game out of conference that has to be in state. So, if the Big 12 makes a decision similar to the SEC or ACC, then our game with WVU could be changed to Louisville. All depending on if the teams can make the scheduling work. :) And what other teams in the state, Murray, WKU and Morehead have on their plate.

dj
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

Scratch what I said. Louisville already has Murray on the schedule so there goes that.

dj
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

So SEMO had Ole Miss and UT Martin had Alabama on the schedule for this season. Those were the only games I could find. Some of the schools had already removed games from their schedule online so I couldn't tell what games they lost.

dj
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

I think those were the only two besides EIU/UK.

Tech lost a game with Minnesota.

Fbschedules.com still shows which games got cancelled.