Pandemic Scheduling

GoldenBear

Pandemic Scheduling

Post by GoldenBear »

First of all, I’m still optimistic that we still get to play a full schedule this season. But just for fun, if something happens to any of our first 3 games, who would you like to see us try to schedule on short notice? My choice would be Vanderbilt.
Steve 82

Re: Pandemic Scheduling

Post by Steve 82 »

I suspect we lose any money games this year.
Anyone know what the testing budget is? As I understand South Dakota St told Nebraska they only had funding to test twice all season.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Not completely sure we lose WVa. The Big 10 going conference only puts a dent in their schedule losing Maryland and they could lose the FSU game. We could possibly be there only non-conference game and unless the conference dictates they can’t play, I believe they would be motivated to keep us on the schedule. Maybe?
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

CAA has cancelled football, but the schools can play as independents if they want. James Madison is apparently going to play as long as there are playoffs.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

GoldenBear wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:55 pm Not completely sure we lose WVa. The Big 10 going conference only puts a dent in their schedule losing Maryland and they could lose the FSU game. We could possibly be there only non-conference game and unless the conference dictates they can’t play, I believe they would be motivated to keep us on the schedule. Maybe?
I'm operating under the assumption that all the Power Conferences are eventually going to go Conference only. Has the Big 12 made any statements to the contrary?
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

EKU05 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm [quote=GoldenBear post_id=32621 time=<a href="tel:1594432518">1594432518</a> user_id=803]
Not completely sure we lose WVa. The Big 10 going conference only puts a dent in their schedule losing Maryland and they could lose the FSU game. We could possibly be there only non-conference game and unless the conference dictates they can’t play, I believe they would be motivated to keep us on the schedule. Maybe?
I'm operating under the assumption that all the Power Conferences are eventually going to go Conference only. Has the Big 12 made any statements to the contrary?
[/quote]
EKU05 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm
GoldenBear wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:55 pm Not completely sure we lose WVa. The Big 10 going conference only puts a dent in their schedule losing Maryland and they could lose the FSU game. We could possibly be there only non-conference game and unless the conference dictates they can’t play, I believe they would be motivated to keep us on the schedule. Maybe?
To the best of my knowledge, Big 12 has not said anything (yet). I have seen one article that references WVa’s schedule and with what has been announced so far, we would be their only OOC game left. NCAA is allowing 2 FCS games to count towards bowl eligibility so, I’m assuming that if we play this season and if they are allowed to play OOC then our game is safe and they look to schedule another FCS team.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

The Big 12, SEC and ACC are keeping their options open. I think the schools involved in the in-state ACC/SEC games want to find a way to play.

The three of them are working together on this.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

According to a reporter, the OVC appears to be on track, per a league conference call, toward maintaining a fall schedule for all sports.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

DannyHopesGhost wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:29 pm According to a reporter, the OVC appears to be on track, per a league conference call, toward maintaining a fall schedule for all sports.
Hope that’s correct.