Somebody needs to start a Murray State game thread ASAP

smidge34

Somebody needs to start a Murray State game thread ASAP

Post by smidge34 »

Ha! I’m ready to get to discussing as soon as y’all start one. ;)
neugie

Re: Somebody needs to start a Murray State game thread ASAP

Post by neugie »

Why do we allways have to travel to Murray Seems like they visit us about once every 5 years ?
g--

Post by g-- »

Excellent question neugie. What do you think Smidge?
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

smidge34 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:18 pm Ha! I’m ready to get to discussing as soon as y’all start one. ;)
I think you just did. :)

dj
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

g-- wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:35 pm Excellent question neugie. What do you think Smidge?
Probably the same reason we have played at Jax State 4 of the last 5 lol.....ineptitude in Brentwood.
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

I believe EKU matches up better with Murray than Belmont.
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

Rosie wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:01 pm I believe EKU matches up better with Murray than Belmont.
Yep, no doubt. I’m more concerned with y’all Thursday night than I am Peay. We match up well with Peay and I’m fairly confident if we shoot close to our average we win. EKU on the other hand will be a problem for us. Our glaring weakness is we have no ball handlers. All 3 PGs are freshman and one, the starter Daquan, is more of a natural 2 or wing. His backup is more of a true PG but he’s been out with a couple issues more than in. Third option is a bust. The way y’all get up in the faces of the ball handlers on defense, coupled with the press AND the fact your coach has to be licking his chops over our turnovers out front has me very concerned.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

smidge34 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:37 pm
Rosie wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:01 pm I believe EKU matches up better with Murray than Belmont.
Yep, no doubt. I’m more concerned with y’all Thursday night than I am Peay. We match up well with Peay and I’m fairly confident if we shoot close to our average we win. EKU on the other hand will be a problem for us. Our glaring weakness is we have no ball handlers. All 3 PGs are freshman and one, the starter Daquan, is more of a natural 2 or wing. His backup is more of a true PG but he’s been out with a couple issues more than in. Third option is a bust. The way y’all get up in the faces of the ball handlers on defense, coupled with the press AND the fact your coach has to be licking his chops over our turnovers out front has me very concerned.
Well, you saw how we handled the ball against Belmont. If we do that against Murray, it will be ugly on both sides.
During our winning streak, we were routinely turning teams over with the press and only occasionally getting beat for easy baskets.
Now, we are shooting better, but not turning over teams, or not cashing in with points when we do get turnovers.
Honestly, if Belmont plays the way they did against us, they’re not going to get beat.
I’d like to see at least one win against the top three and we’ve already lost to Peay and Belmont. So it’s got to happen against Smidge’s team!
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

Yep y’all have to deal with our defense which I’m biased but feel it’s the best in the conference and the conference stats would agree. Again our weakness is turnovers, especially out front and in transition, leading to easy buckets. The key for us is limiting turnovers and our 3 pt fg%.

If anybody makes the trek be sure to visit. I sit front row in seat 10 in section 109 directly across the court from the visitor’s bench and would love to see you. I know it’s tough on a Thursday evening to make that drive. I’ve only been to Alumni/McBrayer once 16 seasons ago.

PS agreed on Belmont, they’re playing like a machine right now and my favorite to win the tourney. I’ll be honest with you, I want to win the regular season but I won’t be too disappointed if we don’t win the tourney. This isn’t an NCAA Tournament team.
g--

Post by g-- »

RACERS vs. Eastern Kentucky Game Thread at the MSU fan forum;

https://www.racerfans.com/board/viewtop ... 7869f03c7e