Moreno a Colonel!!!!

Rosie

Re: Moreno a Colonel!!!!

Post by Rosie »

g-- wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:51 pm
Rosie wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:29 pm I believe we now have one scholarship left...what's our biggest need?

I don't know what the team's needs are, but I hope the last recruit is SG
Justin Webster from Hargrave Military Academy.

How about you Rosie? Are you thinking of a certain type of player for the last scholarship?
A developmental big OR any sized player who is a pure shooter--and they don't necessarily have to be overly athletic (good for specific situations).
bill54

Post by bill54 »

colonelblitz wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:59 pm
g-- wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:34 pm Isn’t that dominate big man inside going to be Darius Hicks? He's a 3★ recruit.

I have no idea what AW is planning but it looks like it could be he wants a 4 guard offense with Darius Hicks as the 5th player. I assume Tre King and Lachlan Anderson will be the backup players for Darius Hicks. But – I could be wrong.
Hicks is a 3⭐️ But one can always use a 7’ footer.. Or a 6’10” shot blocker.. Another big man and maybe we beat Kansas a few years ago..
I'm with you colonelblitz. Right now Eastern only has 4 forwards counting Moreno, and he's listed as a wing guy. They're deep at guard, though shooting may be questionable. Even if Coach Hamilton wants to play a 4-guard scheme most of the time, he'll need to go big at times. Plus, Anderson will be a senior next season. Under CJN, Eastern's one negative was rebounding/lack of size. This was probably the main factor keeping Eastern from going to the next level. Maybe one more forward 6-8+, that can contribute immediately.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

g-- wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:34 pm Isn’t that dominate big man inside going to be Darius Hicks? He's a 3★ recruit.

I have no idea what AW is planning but it looks like it could be he wants a 4 guard offense with Darius Hicks as the 5th player. I assume Tre King and Lachlan Anderson will be the backup players for Darius Hicks. But – I could be wrong.
Hicks is a 3⭐️ But one can always use a 7’ footer.. Or a 6’10” shot blocker.. Another big man and maybe we beat Kansas a few years ago..
Maybe, although it helped us the Joel Embid was hurt and didn't play for Kansas.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

bill54 wrote:

Hicks is a 3[emoji294]️ But one can always use a 7’ footer.. Or a 6’10” shot blocker.. Another big man and maybe we beat Kansas a few years ago..
I'm with you colonelblitz. Right now Eastern only has 4 forwards counting Moreno, and he's listed as a wing guy. They're deep at guard, though shooting may be questionable. Even if Coach Hamilton wants to play a 4-guard scheme most of the time, he'll need to go big at times. Plus, Anderson will be a senior next season. Under CJN, Eastern's one negative was rebounding/lack of size. This was probably the main factor keeping Eastern from going to the next level. Maybe one more forward 6-8+, that can contribute immediately.
I totally agree. There was some improvement in rebounding last year, but there needs to be dominance on the boards. Especially the way we shoot. There is no telling how many close games could have been wins this last year if we could clean up just a few more missed shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
g--

Post by g-- »

It looks like the last scholarship may be a JUCO SG;

5/9/2019 - SG Jayden Scrubb (6-7, -, 2★) from Louisville, KY, who went to ASPIRE Academy, has received an offer from Eastern Kentucky.
g--

Post by g-- »

His Junior College is John Logan College and he is now -Height 6-6 Weight 220.

Here are his stats and they are very impressive (3pt % 46.4);

http://loganvols.com/sports/mbkb/2018-1 ... ayden_6dfm

He had 40 points and 12 rebounds in their game against Rend Lake College.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

g-- wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:26 am It looks like the last scholarship may be a JUCO SG;

5/9/2019 - SG Jayden Scrubb (6-7, -, 2★) from Louisville, KY, who went to ASPIRE Academy, has received an offer from Eastern Kentucky.
Looks like Coach Hamilton is going for another tall wing player. This guy would be a great addition. Looks like a good rebounder, as well as a good shooter.
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

bill54 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 am
g-- wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:26 am It looks like the last scholarship may be a JUCO SG;

Looks like Coach Hamilton is going for another tall wing player. This guy would be a great addition. Looks like a good rebounder, as well as a good shooter.
Louisville looking at him, too. May be a stretch for us...but so were Lewis and Moreno. Go Colonels!
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Rosie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:44 am
bill54 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 am

Louisville looking at him, too. May be a stretch for us...but so were Lewis and Moreno. Go Colonels!
For what it's worth, Louisville currently has no scholarships to give. They might end up having one if Jordan Nwora stays in the draft, but they're at 13 for the moment.