Keep winning

FormerColonel08

Keep winning

Post by FormerColonel08 »

They just keep winning.

Probably didn’t play their best today. Especially in the first game with 5 errors but found a way to win easily.

Then the second game won a pitchers duel.

17 in a row. Tomorrow would tie the longest winning streak in program history.
FormerColonel08

Re: Keep winning

If they just win the games that they should. And then string some wins against UK, Louisville, Miami (OH) and the one conference series against UNF.

They have a legit shot at an at large I think. Unless they were to get knocked out earlier in the conference tournament.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Three game sweep of Stetson over the weekend. 29-5

Doubleheader Wed against Morehead.
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

Another sweep this time over Austin Peay. Incredibly impressive season overall. Not sure the quality of opponent but winning this many games straight over and over has to mean something.

1st place in ASUN with only a few series left.
FormerColonel08

Coming into the weekend I believe they were like 7-3 against teams ranked inside the top-100 of the RPI. And 1-0 against the top-50 with a couple more games against top-50 opponents and big a series at UNF who was top-75 coming into the weekend.

And even if some of the non-conference games weren’t great opponents, 32-5 and 14-1 in what ranks as the 10th best league in the country is so damn impressive.

Keep winning and win one or two of these top-50 RPI games and I truly believe an at large could be possible.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

That dang Utah trip really hurt them.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

In softball if you win your conference are you awarded an auto bid? I remember a few years ago we won the OVC and were in but couldn't compete. But I didn't know if we just happen to win the OVC and get an at large bid. It would seem like they are the heavy favorites to win the ASUN. I looked at the RPI and noticed UNF was certainly ahead of us but forgot to look for FGCU. I know that a win vs Louisville this week would go a long way. I may try to make the trip to Richmond to watch.
FormerColonel08

You do get an automatic bid in softball if you win the conference tournament. Just like basketball.

We are currently second in the league RPI wise. FGCU is about 10 spots ahead of us I believe. UNF dropped a little bit after losing the series to FGCU.

If they can beat Louisville tomorrow which I think they can, I think they would move into the 50s of the RPI which makes you even closer for that at large. I would imagine we probably need to get around 45ish for an at large.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Have won two at Bellarmine this weekend. One more game tomorrow.

Doubleheader Tuesday at Miami (OH). They are in the top 40 in The RPI at the moment.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Next week is a huge week. On the road in Oxford and 3 vs North Florida in Jacksonville
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion