Kerns Sweep Morrehead

EKULFan

Kerns Sweep Morrehead

Post by EKULFan »

When we do well I'll be the 1st to say it out loud! DH sweep of Morehead at home Wednesday was nice! Good job Colonels!

Game 1 was a little tight but EKU squeezed out a 5-4 win. Game 2 was never close, 8-0 as we dominated Morehead...like the way UK and Louisville dominate us!

Some interesting notes...Morehead is the only team we have played that has fewer players than EKU. We got 16 they have 15! Both squads are 3 or 4 players lite in the rosters!

Next up...We are woefully week at the Catcher position. Catcher #1 (Freshman) is hitting .177 with 3HR and 13 RBI. Our catcher #2 is hitting .032 with only one hit for the season. She is, however a very skilled defensive catcher. Just not getting many chances at the plate..

Moreheads Catcher #1 (Freshman) is hitting .366 with 10 HR's and 39 RBI this season with only 13 K's on the year. She leads the team in all 3 catagories! MSU backup catcher #2 is hitting .158 with 12 hits, to be fair MSU #2 has twice the at bats as EKU #2.

Reason for the comparison...Both EKU and Morehead starting Freshman catchers are from Louisville. Davis from Male and Williams from Butler HS.

Guess which one Jane did not recruit!!! MSU Catcher woud lead EKU in HRs and RBI and 2nd only to EKU Vanna Barron for batting average!

Oh and she went 4 for 7 with a HR, a double and 2 RBI in todays matchup.
Colonel12

Re: Kerns Sweep Morrehead

Post by Colonel12 »

Jane didn't even recruit the Kentucky high school softball player of the year from Estill County. She is enrolled at EKU and wants to play but not for Jane because of how she was treated at a camp.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

How that woman can keep her job is mind blowing! She is an arragont ass whose better days(which by any standard were mediocre) have long passed her by! :evil: :twisted:

I did not know about the player from Estill Co...damn shame that a local athlete can be looked over and treated that poorly! :x :oops: No excuse!
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

EKULFan wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:35 pm How that woman can keep her job is mind blowing! She is an arragont ass whose better days(which by any standard were mediocre) have long passed her by! :evil: :twisted:

I did not know about the player from Estill Co...damn shame that a local athlete can be looked over and treated that poorly! :x :oops: No excuse!
I’m not taking either side. But apparently Jane wasn’t the only one that didn’t recruit her if she’s just a normal student at EKU.