Jane Worthington

EKU05

Re: Jane Worthington

Post by EKU05 »

I'm with most of you guys. Let's let the process play out, but she should be suspended while it does. If half of what is alleged seems to be true then she should obviously be terminated, and I wonder if there could be any legal consequences as well. That's not for us to decide.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

There are two Jane Worthington softball camps coming up next week! I wonder how those will be handled?

You would think that some of the prospects/families have been following this saga!

Also, I wonder how recruiting is going...it can't be easy/successful with this cloud still lingering over the program.
Sae

Post by Sae »

there is a new article from the Register that I saw on Facebook, Let me say first, I don't know the whole situation within the program. This article, to me as a former athlete, did not seem to point out many outrageous things. The only part that I could see being an issue would be handling players weight loss or gain. Again this sometimes is a problem that needs addressed with an athlete, the question would be how it was handled. The article tries to make drama out of a lot of things I would consider pretty standard things within a program. Again I do not know the whole story or what the players went through, but based on this latest article, it seems like a heavy case of sensationalism.

https://www.richmondregister.com/news/e ... 29169.html
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

She is staying put
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

This entire situation has been complicated to me. I don’t know how I completely feel about the decision to retain her as head coach other than I am disappointed and feel like it is a little tone deaf by the university. I mean this honestly when I say I understand that there’s often many sides to a story. It feels like there has been support for coach Worthington but the behavior in general is just something I don’t think aligns with my personal values.

My wife played college softball at the NAIA level and she said that objectively at best she’d never want to play at a place like EKU. At worst the coach was abusing players. So it sounds like it’s really a no win for Eastern.

Like I said, I guess I trust what they said. But I feel pretty upset to say the least.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

This is a pathetic move by EKU! What cowards lead the Athletic Department at Eastern!

What a joke to say EKU continually strives to improve the "EXPERIENCE" of the student athletes!

Calling people fat, not providing meals for the athletes, parents having to provide snacks for the team, spraying cold water on the players while forcing them into the sand volleyball courts on a cool Fall evening, holding scholarship money over players heads if they are not performing at "Janes performance level". Telling players to order from the dollar menu at restaurants because "Your not worth any food"

Not assisting players in getting Mental Health Therapy, giving players aspirin and telling them it was a form of medication to help improve their anxiety! That should be criminal! Telling players to tough it out and to play through anxiety attacks and telling players they were weak if they pushed back! Putting the loses on the players and never accepting responsibility for their performance/loses!

Jane you have won some games...but never achieved ANYTHING remotely close to a team on any national level! Correct me if I'm wrong but you have won 3 or 4 conference titles in 30 years!!! How about any NCAA wins in the Women Softball National Tournament...another BIG "0" for ya Jane. And a 1-20 record vs UK! :lol:

Again Jane correct me if I'm wrong...didn't you recruit EVERY player to play softball at EKU! And wasn't it your job to aid and assist the players in improving their game while at EKU?

Your "Old School" style of coaching is dusty an tattered...YOU are the problem...YOU can't adjust to the modern game, YOU can't relate to athletes! YOU can't win big games! And it appears that you had a double standard...Jane's favs...get a silver spoon...Jane's not favas got a $hitty shovel!

Shame on you Jane for treating people this way...and shame on EKU for turning a blind eye!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Roan is going to do interviews tomorrow, so we shall see what he says there.

From what I read on EKUSports, HR was heavily involved in the review. Doubt there will be a rep from them available.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Roan will deflect and pivot to football.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion