Jane Worthington

Colonel12

Jane Worthington

Post by Colonel12 »

She needs to step down. These allegations are bad and others are confirming them true.

https://twitter.com/_kaitlynyoung/statu ... ZNUYg&s=19
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKULFan

Re: Jane Worthington

Post by EKULFan »

I read the article and I was stunned at what Kait said was happening behind the scene's! It is appalling what these young ladies were enduring!

I watched Kait pitch for two seasons and I noticed a remarkable improvement from her Freshman season to her Sophomore year. I was at the UK game she mentioned, and I was impressed at the way she was handling the UK hitters(some of the best in the nation)!

At the conclusion of our NCAA tourney season, Three Freshmen players left our program...none of the three played any meaningful innings during the season at EKU, one never played. Two of the three were starters this season at good Mid-Major programs and their batting/fielding averages would have placed them at the top of EKU leaderboard! The third player transferred to a D2 program and she was a starter and very productive at her new location. EKU struggled terribly at position she played...three different players tried to fill the void...all 3 had very limited success!

At the conclusion of this season I posted a message here about all the players who left the program at seasons end! Although I had no idea the players were experiencing such horrific treatment! I questioned what/if there were issues!
Someone on this board commented that maybe it was a coaching issue and that Worthington should retire! Now I think she should be FIRED!

No one should ever have to be treated in this manner and it takes a weak/selfish person to do so!

During this athletic year, I read several articles about young female college athletes taking their own life! One of which was a softball player! The articles were painful to read...now knowing our EKU athletes were enduring such treatment by an experienced coach is unbelievable!

To deny these young ladies snacks and meals! What kind of monster does that!

Jane your "OLD SCHOOL" it is time you step aside...your legacy will forever be tarnished!!

FYI, I am a season ticket holder for EKU softball...one of only a few! If this plays out as factual(I have no reason to believe the players lied) I will not renew my tickets for the 2023 season!
dmr55

Post by dmr55 »

Colonel12 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:43 pm She needs to step down. These allegations are bad and others are confirming them true.

https://twitter.com/_kaitlynyoung/statu ... ZNUYg&s=19
I hope after an investigation that she will be fired if she doesn’t step down on her own no coach should treat players that way
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

I agree. I seen on Twitter someone said to email Matt Roan and let him know how you feel.

EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Two more players, and the mother of one, have released statements/messages about the mental abuse they/their daughters endured while playing for Worthington! One parent implicated and assistant coach as being verbally abusive to the players as well!

In fairness, one player has come forward in support of Worthening, although, she did not deny that some players endured verbal abuse, she simply stated that she did not endure such abuse and the staff was sympathetic to her situation!
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Yeah and I'd say Grace Frazier coming out with her putative experience confirmed what Kaitlyn said. Grace was a favorite of coach

EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

The Richmond Register has picked up the story and is reporting the abuse as going back as far as 2015... according to several
former players that have come forward.

Ironically, the posting of the abuse came from Kait Young, according to Young EKU has not reached out to her about the allegations...EKU has reached out to Grace Frazier, the player who posted a video supporting Worthington!

Interesting!!??

https://www.richmondregister.com/sports ... fc909.html
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

EKU will try everything they can to not fire Worthington.

Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

The Sports Stove Twitter account says it's about to get worse with more players going to be coming out. How is she not at least suspended?

Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Register saying they have spoken to more former players and is dropping another story tonight.