Jane Worthington

Colonel12

Re: Jane Worthington

Post by Colonel12 »

Absolutely horrific. Toups played in 2008 and had a similar experience.

https://www.richmondregister.com/sports ... 0c2d8.html
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Sae

Post by Sae »

it seems like the stories are starting to pile up from a number of people and different years. If true, is totally unacceptable and wholesale changes will need made immediately
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

And EKU is choosing silence which is just as concerning. Makes you wonder if Matt Roan has known for years and looked the other way. I hope not but why is the silent?

EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

I understand due diligence for this process...but something needs to be said, released by EKU! As this issue continues to fester, EKU is getting a black eye from it's silence!

After "thousands" of tweets and retweets about this situation, parents and perspective student athletes are watching, waiting and making assumptions about the EKU experience!. Yet no suspensions or statements!

Recruiting has to be in peril...and with only 7 players on the current roster... fielding a quality team next season is going to be very difficult!

Its time for EKU Sports administrator's to step up and and take some action!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Most recent thing I've seen as a response from the athletic department.
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

The fact that EKU has not suspended her with pay is shocking and a terrible stain to the university. With one athlete saying something you say “well let’s investigate but keep an open mind.” Stories are piling up from multiple different athletes, which all collaborate what we know which only shows that it’s more likely it has happened and been happening.

I am a firm believer that no one is bigger than the program. Your loyalty is to the program first. And the program is getting national negative attention because of this.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

RR.png
RR.png (81.79 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
Here is a piece I pickup from Twitter...The statement is from todays Richmond Register Opinion Article!

The article is a pay to read article so I can't post a link!
Colonel Grad

Post by Colonel Grad »

There are a lot of folks on social media and a member of the traditional media calling for immediate action against the coaching staff.

For two reasons, I would prefer the process take a long as is necessary to reach a resolution.
1) Everyone is entitled to due process and adequate time to organize a defense. I wouldn't want to be fired without a fair process and I don't think anyone else would if they were in this position.
2) Any mistake in the process will open the university up to legal action later. As a taxpayer in Kentucky, I'd prefer my tax dollars not be wasted on a wrongful termination lawsuit/trial.

With it being the summer, there is no immediate danger to additional student-athletes. The program will recover. Any disruption will be a short term impact. I'd rather no mistakes be made now that turns this into a long term impact.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

There are enough consistent allegations to suspend her while due process takes place.

If nothing is done this would be a black mark on all EKU Sports. Matt Roan legacy would be tarnished. The softball program will be set back several years.

Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »