UNA-Day 2 Elimination Day

EKULFan

UNA-Day 2 Elimination Day

Post by EKULFan »

Well we got ZERO help from Bellarmine yesterday. :evil: As it stands now: EKU 9-14 and Lipscomb 9-14! :(

Today is elimination Friday! We win...we in! We lose...we snooze! Maybe! If we both lose...we get in due to the tie-breaker, If we both win...we get in due to tie-breaker. If either scenario above comes into play, both teams will have identical conference records! We won the head to head match thus we get the 4th spot in the tourney via the tie-breaker!

So, we really need to WIN! Then all is well.

Side note: It is raining in Richmond and has been for several hours! Game time is 11:00AM :?: :?: :?:
Steve 82

Re: UNA-Day 2 Elimination Day

Post by Steve 82 »

Led 4-0 after 2. Now down 8-4 in the 5th.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Just left the bases loaded in bottom of 5th.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Today, and this series, are a snapshot of our entire season! Blowing leads, walking WAY TOO MANY BATTERS, and not able to get that clutch hit when needed!

Losing 8 Seniors and likely one or more to the "Transfer Portal"(I really hate that thing) basically means a total rebuild for next season! :(
dmr55

Post by dmr55 »

EKULFan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:51 pm Today, and this series, are a snapshot of our entire season! Blowing leads, walking WAY TOO MANY BATTERS, and not able to get that clutch hit when needed!

Losing 8 Seniors and likely one or more to the "Transfer Portal"(I really hate that thing) basically means a total rebuild from for next season! :(
maybe it’s time for a new coach
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

dmr55 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:48 pm
EKULFan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:51 pm Today, and this series, are a snapshot of our entire season! Blowing leads, walking WAY TOO MANY BATTERS, and not able to get that clutch hit when needed!

Losing 8 Seniors and likely one or more to the "Transfer Portal"(I really hate that thing) basically means a total rebuild from for next season! :(
After winning the OVC last year?

Let's see what talent we can pull from the portal. It works both ways.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

She would retire before getting fired
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Colonel Grad

Post by Colonel Grad »

Nothing against you personally dmr55, you have every right to share your thoughts and opinions. I'm not attacking you or your statement. But I'd like to use your comment to take the opportunity to express this is exactly why I am beginning to dislike and lose interest in college sports.

A coach, who founded the program, has been a loyal member of the EKU athletics and campus community for more than 30 years, has consistently recruited students who have excelled academically and rarely (if ever) have brought negative publicity to the program or university, AND won a conference tournament title just one year ago -- gets this kind of response to one down season.

The emphasis on winning games in college sports has gone too far. I can understand that kind of expectation of the John Caliparis and Nick Sabans of the world who are making millions of dollars each year. But the way that kind of expectation has filtered down to the "non-revenue"/olympic sports blows me away. This is a person who is probably making 70-80k a year and giving far more time to the job than she is being compensated for.

I wish there was a more balanced view of college sports with appreciation from fans for academic success and character development.