Prothro

KernCobb

Prothro

Post by KernCobb »

How is it possible the team is this bad when all of Thompson's recruits are gone (exceptions Max Williams and Santiago Peralta) and this is 100% Prothro's team? Who could have seen that this guy is a terrible coach and a total clown?
EKUbaseballfan

Re: Prothro

Post by EKUbaseballfan »

GOT TO RIGHT THE SHIP... PITCHING HAS BEEN BAD, CAN'T WIN GAMES GIVING UP 10 RUNS A GAME,,
Colonel Mike

Post by Colonel Mike »

Be honest, are either of you aware that the team lost 4 of its 5 infielders from last year to graduation/draft?
Are either of you aware that the team's most talented pitcher was injured in the fall and is missing the entire season?

I was frustrated with last year's team because they had so many players back from the 2022 ASUN Championship team and did not get off to a good start -- very similar to this year's men's basketball team.

But I don't know how anyone who pays close attention to this program didn't see that 2024 was going to be a rebuilding year. It's been a tough start for sure. The team, even in a rebuilding season, should win series at home against Oakland and Western Illinois. But any of the rest of the games were going to be a challenge. Power 5 teams and one of the best mid-major programs in the country (Wright State). Realistically, at best this team should have 3-4 more wins.

I'm encouraged by some of the individual performances.
Tait Nunnally is one of the best true freshmen we have had in years
Bradley Stewart is a legit MLB prospect and when he has been on he's been real fun to watch.
Colby Ott looks like a real solid player. The kind that most people are not going to notice but will do a lot of the little things to make the team better
Been great to see Conner Davis come back from an injury and play so well

I think the pieces are there for a solid rebound during conference play. They just have to put them together.
ColonelFan123

Chris Prothro Medical Leave

Post by ColonelFan123 »

MOD NOTE: THIS POST WAS MOVED FROM ANOTHER THREAD ON THE SUBJECT.

Head coach Chris Prothro is taking a medical leave of absence effective immediately.
In his absence, assistant coach Walt Jones will serve as acting head coach.

https://ekusports.com/news/2024/3/25/ek ... sence.aspx
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »