ASUN Tournament

Steve 82

ASUN Tournament

Post by Steve 82 »

Colonel12

Re: ASUN Tournament

Post by Colonel12 »

Can't wait to get screwed by the conference in the tourney again.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

I’m not super familiar with college baseball. Do they have to win the ASUN tournament in order to make the NCAA tournament? And is winning the ASUN possible or would it take some massive upsets?
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

RollKerns wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:49 pm I’m not super familiar with college baseball. Do they have to win the ASUN tournament in order to make the NCAA tournament? And is winning the ASUN possible or would it take some massive upsets?
We need to win conference to go to the NCAAs.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

RollKerns wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:49 pm I’m not super familiar with college baseball. Do they have to win the ASUN tournament in order to make the NCAA tournament? And is winning the ASUN possible or would it take some massive upsets?
Similar to NCAA basketball tourney. Now FGCU doesn't win the ASUN they might get an at large bid.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKUbaseballfan

Post by EKUbaseballfan »

The ASUN tourney format is a shit show. I don't think RPI is the way to place teams in the tourney brackets.
Not fair to the teams that played well in the ASUN but did not play as many power 5 teams.
Hard for teams to setup games with these teams. Seems only close by teams will play EKU.
I think the SEC tourney format is much better and would give everyone a fair shot.
Seed em top to bottom with 12 teams. First round single elimination.
I was at the tourney and a lot of fans seems to be unhappy with the format, not just EKU fans.
Also the Stetson field was really nice. Just feel like they really made it a home field advantage in the first game against EKU.
Seems like if you host the tourney you should not have the advantages of a home field. You should have the home crowd and that is enough.
The PA guys would really pump the Stetson players on the PA and video board both on offense and defense. Even the TV guys did the same.
Last year i thought Jet Blue stadium was better and more fair to both teams.
Over all it was a fun trip and i wish we would have played up to how we had the past 4 weeks of the season.
Still a fan for sure but they have a lot to replace and that would be good for another topic.