Coach Sam Williams out as EKU Womens Coach

EKULFan

Coach Sam Williams out as EKU Womens Coach

Post by EKULFan »

Just saw this on Twitter...I was wondering if all the transfers out from here over the past few seasons had any bearing? 4 Freshmen have already left the team!

Jackie Alexander left last month to join ETSU staff!

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee ... 164245392/ :o :shock: :cry:
dmr55

Re: Coach Sam Williams out as EKU Womens Coach

Post by dmr55 »

EKULFan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:23 pm Just saw this on Twitter...I was wondering if all the transfers out from here over the past few seasons had any bearing? 4 Freshmen have already left the team!

Which players have left
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

dmr55 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm
EKULFan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:23 pm Just saw this on Twitter...I was wondering if all the transfers out from here over the past few seasons had any bearing? 4 Freshmen have already left the team!

Which players have left
Corriana Evans, Dafne Gianesini, Claia Rosini, Amerah Steele (Very surprised) and Kynnedy Azubike.

Coach Jackie and Coach Love left a few weeks back!
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

Offical announcement.
Maroon Nation

dj
dmr55

Post by dmr55 »

EKULFan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:50 pm
dmr55 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm

Which players have left
Corriana Evans, Dafne Gianesini, Claia Rosini, Amerah Steele (Very surprised) and Kynnedy Azubike.

Sounds like there might have been some internal problems that caused all of this
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Apparently Coach Sam is taking a position on the Tennessee staff.
dmr55

Post by dmr55 »

Steve 82 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:56 am Apparently Coach Sam is taking a position on the Tennessee staff.
When you leave that quick without any thanks there is a problem somewhere
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

dmr55 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:11 pm
Steve 82 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:56 am Apparently Coach Sam is taking a position on the Tennessee staff.
When you leave that quick without any thanks there is a problem somewhere
I don't think that's necessarily true. I bet this is a substantial raise for her. The team was getting better. Even with a few people leaving I think that's pretty quick to pull the trigger on her unless something really horrific was going on.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

It does appear odd how this played out! On Wednesday Coach Sam was at the EKU Giving Day, working along side coach Wells in the AC Concourse! Various other coaches were present.

Less than 48 hours later she has resigned, and taken an Asst. Coach position at UT! Apparently no notice was given...even in the "Three Ring Circus" of College coaching, it is customary to seek permission from your present employer (Your AD)before interviewing for another position!

The original announcement came from sources at UT, that the former EKU head coach (Sam Williams) had resigned and taken an Asst. Coach position with UT!

No statement was released from Coach Sam...only a brief Twitter message released stating how excited she was about her new job! No mention of EKU!

In retrospect...11 players have transferred out under Coach Sam in her 2 plus seasons at EKU! That is a lot but not a staggering total, about the same number of transfers that NKU men's program experienced the past 2 seasons! That lead to an internal investigation and subsequent dismissal of NKU's Head Coach! Yes, other issues were in play at NKU, but the transfers raised a HUGE RED FLAG!

After Coach Sams 1st season...3 starters and a good bench player...along with two other teammates left the EKU program... following a nice turnaround from the previous season! Thus creating the influx of several Freshmen and transfers for 20-21! Had the 2019-2020 team stayed in tact...2021 looked to be an excellent year for the women's program!

We will probably never know what transpired...but the speed and lack of transparency eerily resembles the 'Resignation" of our previous AD!
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

EKULFan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:50 pm
dmr55 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm [quote=EKULFan post_id=35323 time=1618604607

I heard Jackie and Brandon were let go by Coach Williams. Don't know if that is so.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles