Transfers

BleedMaroon

Re: Transfers

Post by BleedMaroon »

I'm keeping a close eye on this UIC news. Both coaches have offer sheets for the job. If we lose 7+ players and AW.....
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 pm I'm keeping a close eye on this UIC news. Both coaches have offer sheets for the job. If we lose 7+ players and AW.....
Thomas entered the portal yesterday.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

colonelblitz wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:16 pm So, lost first 7 players.. graduation/ transfer portal… ouch!
Not that I expect him to return solo to EKU, but doesn't Blanton technically have a COVID year he could still play? I mean, he's gone I'm sure, but I haven't seen anything official yet. There's always the chance that players enter the portal and come back too, but again...

AWH himself would surprise me more. I wonder what UIC pays, because I feel like that's a very small step up. Besides that, like I said before...it's hard for me to believe anyone is seriously considering him with Preston Spradlin sitting there available. He's gotten objectively better results with fewer resources.
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

I am very worried we are heading towards some McHale times… the cupboard is totally empty. Add this with a coach possibly being out… lot of directions this programmed being pulled in.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

I’m hearing that there’s a good chance AWH is just leveraging for more money. The dollars and cents of this move don’t work out in his favor if you factor in cost of living.

But even if he goes, college basketball in the portal era isn’t what it used to be. You can lose a team quickly, but you can build one just as fast. If he goes, we just have to make a good hire. We have probably the best facilities in our conference coming. We’ll be okay.
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

Again. I’ve mentioned before I really like AW.

But how much “leverage” does he have? He currently doesn’t have a team for next year and I get he won the regular season this year. Which was great. But he hasn’t been to the finals of a conference tournament since he’s been at EKU?
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

He doesn’t have much. Which is exactly why he needs to interest of another school to get some. I completely agree with your assessment.
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

He waits too long and he doesn’t get the job then he’s even further behind on recruiting after they decided not to recruit during the season. I get the portal, but it’s not like he has been amazing out of the portal. A couple hits but way more misses.

It’s a big risk on his part if he’s using for leverage in my opinion. Because if he has a bad year next year he won’t have to worry about looking for a better job. Because there won’t be any offers.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

bigchill64

Post by bigchill64 »

AW please don’t leave you are a great fit for this university.

Whatever pay increase it is to go to Chi town you will regret in Taxes and cost of living in the Chicago area.

You have brought a ton of excitement to this program let’s keep it going!

Roan find a way to keep AW!