Transfers

ekubg

Re: Transfers

Post by ekubg »

While we’re talking about transfers, what was the deal with Pierce Thomas? A high school 4-star recruit who goes to Butler, doesn’t play and transfers to Eastern. And he can’t get off the bench here to provide any kind of contribution? Was he hurt? Did he not get along with AW?
Now he’s back in the portal. Any clues?
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

DaShawn Jackson in portal now.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Onanina has hit the portal.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

ekubg wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:15 pm While we’re talking about transfers, what was the deal with Pierce Thomas? A high school 4-star recruit who goes to Butler, doesn’t play and transfers to Eastern. And he can’t get off the bench here to provide any kind of contribution? Was he hurt? Did he not get along with AW?
Now he’s back in the portal. Any clues?
I heard it just wasn't a good fit here for him, neither side to blame. EKU took him hoping he would fit into the scheme and team (could take some time maybe even a season) and it just didn't work out. Without the portal, I bet he would be back but these types of situations are just an immediate "portaling" now a days.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

This portal window for EKU has been odd.

Comer going to Evansville (they had a really rough season last year) and Leland maybe going to DePaul ? (really bad season but got a new coach)

Other teams viewing our two guards this low. I thought Comer would end up at a decent MAC school maybe Ball state and Leland would get a shot at coming off the bench for a power 5 team.

I'm hoping we can snag a few guys that fall to us in the portal and maybe a few from the juco ranks. ASUN got gutted this portal season and literally any team could win it.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm This portal window for EKU has been odd.

Comer going to Evansville (they had a really rough season last year) and Leland maybe going to DePaul ? (really bad season but got a new coach)

Other teams viewing our two guards this low. I thought Comer would end up at a decent MAC school maybe Ball state and Leland would get a shot at coming off the bench for a power 5 team.

I'm hoping we can snag a few guys that fall to us in the portal and maybe a few from the juco ranks. ASUN got gutted this portal season and literally any team could win it.
Walker going to the Big East is a good step up.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm This portal window for EKU has been odd.

This is increasingly going to be the case unless the rules are changed again. That old thing where you used to build for a couple of years toward "the" season isn't really how you do it anymore. We've got as good a shot as anyone with Blanton coming back to build around.
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

All quiet on the recruiting front? Itching for some news...lots of scholarships open.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Rosie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:11 am All quiet on the recruiting front? Itching for some news...lots of scholarships open.
I believe the "dead period" is about to end, so we're probably about to see a flood of reports about where kids are going.