NIT 2024

BleedMaroon

Re: NIT 2024

Post by BleedMaroon »

Probably the only year that I agree with sitting it out. We lose a bunch of guys and only have 1 guy committed. Portal opened today and AW has some work to do to fill this roster out.
And1

Post by And1 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 am It looks like EKU turned down the CBI. CBI has teams with losing records playing in it.
Not only that, but they couldn't even get 16 teams to play. 15 teams with the #1 seed getting a first round bye.
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

cadcolonelfan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:44 am Whatever happened to the CIT (College Insider Tournament)? We were in that one back in 2015. I went to the games in that tourney that were played at EKU.
It looks like it is back this year but the individual games are being dubbed a bunch {insert name} Classic rather than an actual tournament?

Austin Peay is playing in it against an 11-22 team… kind of a joke. I’m glad we aren’t playing in that. Plus, CBI costing 30k isn’t really worth it in my opinion. Last year’s run was fun but hard to replicate.

I also agree with another poster, focus on next year and rebuild, retool, and restart. Figure out who will be here and who is out. My gut tells me we will return just Comer as a starter and he might even be out.

I don’t think AWH is leaving simply because there are so many other great mid-major coaches that are winning in bigger ways.

WKU in tournament
Morehead in tournament
Stetson in tournament
Austin Peay in Post Season tournament.

Just to name a few.