Lipscomb 3/1 & Tournament Scenario(s)

Colonel Since '65

Re: Lipscomb 3/1 & Tournament Scenario(s)

Post by Colonel Since '65 »

ohcolonel6 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:25 pm This has become infuriating to watch. We look clueless on the offensive end this half. Being outscored 31-13 this half.
Last year in the CIT we were the come-from-behind team. We finished strong every game. This year had been the opposite. It seems like we get ahead and then relax.
AW said that at half we learned that Stetson had lost. So did we relax?
Colonel Since '65

Post by Colonel Since '65 »

ohcolonel6 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:25 pm This has become infuriating to watch. We look clueless on the offensive end this half. Being outscored 31-13 this half.
Last year in the CIT we were the come-from-behind team. We finished strong every game. This year had been the opposite. It seems like we get ahead and then relax.
AW said that at half we learned that Stetson had lost. So did we relax?
And where is Marino?
hoopseku

Post by hoopseku »

Our offense is absolutely awful against man and zone. Plus what makes it even worse is you got a couple guys who go all individual forcing horrible shots. And I’ll take our bench guys efforts last night over a couple of starters. It’s not the first time we have a starter or two play 25 minutes or more and add nothing to the stat sheet. Thankfully we’ll be at Eku next week or we would not win this thing. Enough of my negativity it’s time to put up.
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

We just didn’t show up in the second half. Last year you had a little bit of depth that could give guys some breathers or a chance to regroup if they’re having a bad game. We don’t have that this year.

We got outscored 51-29 in the second half. That is horrendous.

Blanton was not good. 5/15 and stat sheet said 3 turnovers but I swear it felt like double that. He dribbles so damn much when he gets inside 15 feet. It’s quite astonishing he’s not picked more. He has such a quick first step but never uses it effectively this year. It’s beat his man, then crab dribble 3x in one place, half spin, half spin, jack up a crazy shot. He legit tried to shoot one over the backboard last night. ( I know it could have been a foul, but, it wasn’t called)

Cozart has been less involved the last two games. 12 in both, for context in the 6 games prior to these two, he had less than 17 once. Don’t know what that’s about, but he is our leading scorer and we need him to fill it up. Also, the last two games he’s been under 10 rebounds (9) and 5 rebounds (4). For context again, in the same 6 game prior stretch that only happened 2x.

Our bench played better, but better is relative when it contributed 0 points last game. Cooper had 9 off it and Buttry had 4. Ukomadu has unfortunately become an unplayable guy for me at this point. He’s an athletic monster but that’s it. He took a 3 last from the wing that hit just backboard.

Moreno. I think it’s pretty obvious I’m a numbers nerd. And before the game I said in our losses, he average 4 points a game and shoots 3-4 3s/game. His stat sheet was exactly that. Dude couldn’t buy a bucket last night. If he doesn’t average 10+ in the tournament we are done. We don’t have the luxury of a starter being a non-factor when we, at this point, run a 6/7 man rotation.

AW has his work cut out for him. Kennesaw and Jacksonville aren’t slouches. Each could provide a challenge.
hoopseku

Post by hoopseku »

Gotta figure things out pretty quick. Hoping for the best but somewhat worried