Lipscomb 3/1 & Tournament Scenario(s)

ohcolonel6

Lipscomb 3/1 & Tournament Scenario(s)

Post by ohcolonel6 »

All comes down to tonight.

Scenario(s) 1 seed:

Win & we secure regardless Stetson/UNF outcome.
Stetson loses, we secure.

Scenario for 2 seed:

We lose and Stetson wins. Stetson gets 1 seed due to H2H tiebreaker from 2/10/24 (87-79 L)

Currently UNF is favored by 2.5 points. But, they just got crushed FGCU at home in their last game, and they lost to Jax the game before that.

We have to play well tonight, Lipscomb is damn good. It won’t be easy we need a big game from the starters and have to put our foot down and not let up.

Something to watch, I’ve said it, Moreno often proves to be a strange catalyst for victory for us despite being the 4th-5th scoring option. I looked at our conference games, in our 13 conference wins, Mike averages roughly 12ppg. In our 3 conference losses, he averages roughly 4ppg. 8 points is a huge swing considering one loss was by 8 to Stetson and by 4 to Peay the other night.

Further than that, in our conference losses, when he’s not involved on offense, he is averaging between 3-4 three point attempts/gm. In our wins, when he is more involved, it is closer to 6 three point attempts/gm.

Also, our bench has to provide something, anything. 10 points would be a huge boost right now. Cannot have a repeat performance from last game. If we do, we aren’t winning this game.

Lipscomb shoots the 3 better, percentage wise, than any team in the ASUN (37%). They have six dudes that play roughly 20 minutes+ that take/make 3s at above a 35% clip. Furthermore, 4 of them are at around 40%. Rotation and getting through screens will be vital. If we don’t communicate, we are toast.
hoopseku

Re: Lipscomb 3/1 & Tournament Scenario(s)

Post by hoopseku »

yea we are going to need the bench to produce and I hope they play more than last game. 14 and 0 didnt play much but I liked the way the bench play at Bellarmine so many theyll be given more time for multiple reasons. Lipscomb can flat out score but often struggle to guard ball screen actions. A win tonight will go a long long way to helping moral for next week. Hope we come out physical and fast and get a good lead. Ball movement can really hurt Lipscomb with our quickness advantage. I got a group of 3 heading that way as we speak so Im hoping to see much maroon there tonight.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

I hope you’re both right. I’ll be there too. I saw them play live 3 months ago against WKU and I’m hoping for a much better effort than that game.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

I didn't even know we played tonight. I assumed it was tomorrow
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

North Florida up 13 at half over Stetson.
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

We are doing that whole thing where we let the other team hang around again because we don’t extend the lead.

Up 15 and they went on an 11-3 run before the half.

Idk why we can’t just put someone away when we get up big.

Other than that, it was a good first half.
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

We have secured 1 seed. North Florida knocks off Stetson big.
Sae

Post by Sae »

UNF beat Stetson, regular season Champs and #1 seed secure!
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

The officiating has been awful in this game. Coach getting T’d up was perfectly reasonable.

Our offense is so run based, when we go cold we go ice cold. I wish Blanton would pull up after he gets by his defender rather than dribble two more times, allowing the defender to get somewhat reset or permitting a help side defender to step over. If he would pull up after beating his man off a dribble he would also draw a lot more fouls due to a trailing defender.

From up 15 to down 3….
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

I don’t think AW makes it out of this game