Austin Peay Part Deaux

ohcolonel6

Re: Austin Peay Part Deaux

Post by ohcolonel6 »

FormerColonel08 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:54 pm Blanton has been good tonight. And they’ve played a smaller guard on him pretty much all night. He’s getting pretty much whatever he wants.

The turnovers in the second half and not being able to hit a three is the main issue.

Also Mike has not been good tonight. And if you look at someone the wrong way you’re getting a foul call on you. There is zero flow in this game because of the officials. They’ve been awful both ways.
Yeah, I am not mad about Blanton's game. Just meant it was odd to finally see him be the focal point when he largely has not been for 25+ games.
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

No excuses for this loss.

Just an awful second half. We have to stop letting teams hang around. We’ve done it all year and it killed it us in the non conference. It hadn’t hurt us in conference play but it finally got us tonight.
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

Frustrating loss. We didn’t shoot well from 3% (4-16). 10 missed free throws. A game we probably should have won.

Moreno was a non-factor this game and only had two shot attempts. I wish we would utilize him more of a pick and pop game to get him open more often for looks from 3. The guy is the program’s all time leader in 3’s. One would think getting him at least 5 looks from deep would be a priority. I’ve said it, and it’s odd, but how he goes, is usually how we go. And him having zero points tonight proved costly.

Cozart was quiet on the boards tonight. Only had 4 total, one defensive rebound is a bizarre anomaly.

I liked what I saw from our backcourt in Comer and Walker. Combined for 41 points.

Blanton had the game I think going into the season a lot of thought would be his norm, unfortunately this kind of performance from his has become more of a pleasant surprise.

We got absolutely nothing from our bench. Quite literally. Zero points. Furthermore, Cooper was the only guy who ended up with 10+ minutes off it. Depth is going to hurt even worse when a starter has zero points.

Must win now on Saturday to secure home court throughout the tournament. Lipscomb won’t be easy. Stetson has North Florida on the road. North Florida just got their doors blown off by FGCU at home.

Time to dig deep and win, the season depends on it.
hoopseku

Post by hoopseku »

Weird game for sure. We coulda maybe changed things up a little I would think. When they continue to just post up and we just simply let them catch the ball in the paint bad things are gonna happen especially on the road. At one point seemed like they scored like 7 straight times off just posting a guy up. How about play on top of him and rely on weakside help guys. Just a thought. I mean when something ain’t working for you maybe do something a little different. Looked like old nba games each team just going one on one in the post. Oh well Friday is big and I’m hoping to go had major surgery 4 weeks ago and I need to take a trip.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

We played bad against Austin Peay twice this season. We need to avoid them in the ASUN Tourney at all costs.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

Colonel12 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:42 am We played bad against Austin Peay twice this season. We need to avoid them in the ASUN Tourney at all costs.
Fun fact, we lost to Peay twice in 2006-2007 before beating them in championship game by 1. But your point is well taken.
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

We actually moved up two spots in the Net after last night.

I still think we can get a 15 seed especially if we win tomorrow.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

We need help
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion