Bellarmine

Colonel Since '65

Bellarmine

Post by Colonel Since '65 »

Bellarmine will not be a pushover. They have played well recently, beating a couple teams in the top half of the conference. Not only that, they will absolutely fill their gym. EKU had planned to take a bus down but Bellarmine is only giving us only 50 tickets! Don’t go down planning to buy a ticket at the door.

We cannot lose another game and win the conference! Finishing in second place will mean playing Stetson down there in the tournament.

I graduated from Bellarmine, but I’m a Colonel now. Once a Colonel, always a Colonel, but once a Knight is enough.
Colonel12

Re: Bellarmine

Post by Colonel12 »

Stetson will drop another game too I believe. They get FGCU on Saturday and FGCU is fighting for their lives. Then they get Queens, KSU, @ JU, and @ UNF
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Colonel12 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 pm Stetson will drop another game too I believe. They get FGCU on Saturday and FGCU is fighting for their lives. Then they get Queens, KSU, @ JU, and @ UNF
Two of the games Stetson has left are against the teams that beat them handily, FGCU and KSU. Stetson was on the road both of those games.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Colonels win 75-65.

Bellarmine tied it at 59 with 9:23 to go and only scored 6 points the rest of the game.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Great road win! We wore them down.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

That’s a great win. Good halftime adjustments and great contributions off the bench from Buttry and Cooper.
Still got to get Blanton right but how about Moreno? Talk about stepping up your game in the second half. I’m not sure the last time the Colonels had double-double games from two players like Cozart and Moreno.
Keep it rolling at home against North Alabama!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Four to go.

EKU home to UNA (W at their place), UCA ( W at their place), at Peay (W at home. Peay 10-1 at home) and Lipscomb (W at home. Lipscomb 10-1 at home).

Stetson is home to Queens (blew them out at Queens), Kennesaw St (lost by 18 @ KSU), at Jacksonville (won by 15 @ home) and at UNF (won by 1 at home)
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

Austin Peay and Lipscomb will both be playing for position and Lipscomb may be challenging for the top spot.
We need to take care of business at home because those last two will be real battles.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Lipscomb at Peay Saturday.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

Steve 82 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:36 pm Lipscomb at Peay Saturday.
A key game for us to watch. But we have to stay focused on our game(s).