Stetson

ohcolonel6

Re: Stetson

Post by ohcolonel6 »

If I told you going into this game that we would make more shots from the field than they would (32 to 29). We shot it 10% better from the field than they did (54% to 43%) . And we hit 50% of our 3’s (9/18). We’d all felt pretty good and would have for sure thought we would have won.

But….overall, this was a game of the “little things” adding up to get us beat.

They got to the free throw line 23 times to our 9 times. (They made 22 FTs too btw). I’ve been preaching it, specifically about Blanton, get to the Free Throw line. Attack, cause them to get into their bench players! Especially when we are running a 7 man rotation. It baffles me that Blanton got to the line only 4 times. In a game where he’s 3-10, it should click, “I’m not shooting it well, drive at the rim and try to get to the line.”

Next, they out-rebounded us 38-29. One step further, we gave up 18 offensive rebounds! That is A LOT of second chance opportunities and when you’re trying to put a team away and you’re already tired because a lack of depth… having to stay on defense 18 extra times adds up.
Steve 82

Re: Stetson

Post by Steve 82 »

Beat FGCU by one. FGCU missed a 2/3 length of the court shot at the buzzer as it hit off the heel of the rim.