FGCU

Colonel12

FGCU

Post by Colonel12 »

Looks like a great crowd tonight.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
ohcolonel6

Re: FGCU

Post by ohcolonel6 »

Great win. Got a little close after getting up by 17 it was I believe. But, despite their record (10-15), FGCU is a good good team. Don’t be surprised if they make it to the conference championship game. They spoke about it on the broadcast how they’re just now getting healthy. We got their best look tonight I think and it was a damn good one.

Blanton. Wow. After looking invisible in the first half with only 2 points… he erupts for 22 in the second half to finish with 24. He was the best player on the floor and no one could stop him. That 3 he hit with about 4 seconds on the shot clock was unbelievable. And, to top it all off, he secured the game late and was 4/4 from the FT line. Perfect.

Cozart. He’s my conference player of the year and defensive player of the year. Truly an unbelievable player. State line of 21 points 13 rebounds 4 blocks and 2 assists. He does it all while playing nearly the whole damn game. Kudos, young man.

Last, the crowd. It was rocking in AC. Despite a late tip, the fans and students showed up in a big way.
9-1 in conference, 13-10 overall. 2 game lead over Stetson who we play on Saturday on the road.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

A good win. After leading by 17, that 8 point difference was a little too close, but it’s a solid win.
Sets up another 1 vs 2 on Saturday as we travel to Stetson. A win down there would give us some breathing room heading into the home stretch. A loss would make it a nail biter and give Stetson the head to head advantage in case of a tie.
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

I know we’re still very early but with a win Saturday the number to clinch has to be semi close, correct? Especially holding all the tie breakers.

NOT including the Stetson game we have 5 conference games left. Winning it would put us at a 3 game lead with a tie breaker. We only have 5 conference games remaining after that. So 2 wins and we clinch the #1 seed in the conference tournament? I think if everybody has to come to Richmond our chances are good.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

What a year for that automatic NIT bid to be taken out of play.

(Don't get me wrong, I want to go to the Dance, but it would be nice to play that conference tournament with at least the NIT already in hand).
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

EKU05 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:23 am What a year for that automatic NIT bid to be taken out of play.

(Don't get me wrong, I want to go to the Dance, but it would be nice to play that conference tournament with at least the NIT already in hand).
I agree. It’s honestly crap they took that out because there’s a lot of small schools that deserve a shot more than 16-14 Minnesota. I would just love the peace of mind knowing if we don’t win a tournament there’s still a fall back.