North Florida

ohcolonel6

North Florida

Post by ohcolonel6 »

Huge win. Way to turn it around after a rocky start and falling down 10 in the first half.

Total team effort and what a game by Walker.

We have 10 games left (9 conference & Chicago State). Of the 10, only 3 have a winning record. Really good chance of finishing out strong.

If we can win 7/10 we will finish at 18-12. That would would be huge considering we started 4-9. Means we would have finished 14-3 down the stretch and one of the hottest teams going into both ASUN Tourney and possibly, and fingers crossed, March Madness.
Steve 82

Re: North Florida

Post by Steve 82 »

Good Walker today 29/5 with only 2 turnovers.

Good team effort. Good coaching move with the stretch with Moreno at center. Played good low post offense and defense.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

I judged this team too harshly early in the season. They continue to improve.
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

I was critical of how the non-conference went. But this team is good.

Really good. And to me clearly the best team in the league. Does that mean they win the regular season or tournament? No.

But if they don’t have to leave Richmond to win the tournament I think we are going to the NCAA tournament.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:00 pm I judged this team too harshly early in the season. They continue to improve.
I don't think we judged them too harshly. It's still true that they should have been much better in the non-conference schedule. That's part of the season too. We can acknowledge that and give them immense credit for really turning it on at the same time. They've been absolutely outstanding in conference play.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

EKU05 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:15 pm
Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:00 pm I judged this team too harshly early in the season. They continue to improve.
I don't think we judged them too harshly. It's still true that they should have been much better in the non-conference schedule. That's part of the season too. We can acknowledge that and give them immense credit for really turning it on at the same time. They've been absolutely outstanding in conference play.
Agree
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

I don’t think we judged them too harshly either. It’s okay to hold things you care about accountable and have the tough conversations when something isn’t meeting the expectations you know they can.

We were 4-9 after Purdue. Really, 1-9. And that 1 came thanks to a 1 point win. So we were a bucket away from being 0-10 against D1 schools. But, and we all said it I believe, could be saved come ASUN time. And, thankfully, we decided to play our best ball.