renovation questions

Sae

renovation questions

Post by Sae »

has anyone ever seen renderings of what is being done in AC? There was one video from the news that showed one clip of what was going to happen. I've never seen anything showing what they are going to do, also when is work starting? Anyone know anything?
dmr55

Re: renovation questions

Post by dmr55 »

Sae wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:37 pm has anyone ever seen renderings of what is being done in AC? There was one video from the news that showed one clip of what was going to happen. I've never seen anything showing what they are going to do, also when is work starting? Anyone know anything?
They are supposed to have the renderings out sometime this month.Work will start at the conclusion of the up coming season
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

Mid to late July is what someone said at the Lexington caravan stop. The major construction will start the week after the final home game but unused areas and rooms could be cleared out during the winter months to help cut down on demo time.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

Drove to campus for the first time in a while yesterday for lunch with my nephew. The brick wall when you turn into the AC parking lot is already gone!

Powell Plaza looks completely different, new sidewalks, stairs, stage area (construction almost done). Beshear announced the building attached to Stratton that is the police training center is getting a 28 mill dollar update. The walkway over the bypass by Keene looks almost done. Nephew informed me that a bunch more buildings will be updated in the next 1-3 years.

All of this updating on campus and the brand new AC is going to be a game changer for EKU and the students. Finally feel like this is a tipping point for the university in regards to facilities and student life. We've been playing catchup for far too long and it feels like that is coming to an end.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

I agree. My question is, is it too late to get our foot in the door we need to get it in? I think not. I hope not. But I'm not sure.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

That bridge by AC has been "almost completed" for awhile. I'm not sure if it will ever be done lol.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

I agree Colonel12... I hope they move a bit faster than that contractor! :? It's starting to get old and it has never been used! :lol: :oops:
neugie

Post by neugie »

Any update on the AC renovation Are the renderings ourt yet Havnt heard much lately hope it hasnt been delayed
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

neugie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:58 pm Any update on the AC renovation Are the renderings ourt yet Havnt heard much lately hope it hasnt been delayed
I don't have any reason to believe there is any delay. It doesn't start until the coming basketball season is over, but I would like to see the renderings. I know they were shown at the Colonel Caravan stops, but I didn't make it to any of those. I saw the quickest glimpse of a rendering on a news story about the Colonel Caravan, and it appeared to show the seating that will be added behind the goal on the "wall" end of the arena.
hoopseku

Post by hoopseku »

I think i remember them saying something about suits where the wall is now might have heard wrong but pretty sure that wall area will be really nice. Id just like to see the schedule get filled and shown and final word on the uk exhibition if thats gonna happen.