renovation questions

RollKerns

Re: renovation questions

Post by RollKerns »

EKU05 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:04 pm
Colonel12 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:17 pm AKA RKS will collapse before they do anything with it.
They released soemthing a while back that I think said they believe that with renovations it has about 20 more years of life in it. My hypothesis is that they will raise money in a first phase to do what they need to in order to milk all they can out of that 20 years, and then as those two decades are playing out they'll be slowly raising money for eventual demolition and replacement.

But who knows.
I know I’m over simplifying an obviously challenging and dynamic issue but why don’t they just bond the project? Hasn’t the state paid for most of the campus improvements over the last decade or so. Grand Campus was private equity that they ended up buying. Case Dining hall they didn’t pay anything for. Surely they have some options out here. I mean I figured they had already been trying to save and raise some money along the way.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

RollKerns wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:38 pm
EKU05 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:04 pm
Colonel12 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:17 pm AKA RKS will collapse before they do anything with it.
They released soemthing a while back that I think said they believe that with renovations it has about 20 more years of life in it. My hypothesis is that they will raise money in a first phase to do what they need to in order to milk all they can out of that 20 years, and then as those two decades are playing out they'll be slowly raising money for eventual demolition and replacement.

But who knows.
I know I’m over simplifying an obviously challenging and dynamic issue but why don’t they just bond the project? Hasn’t the state paid for most of the campus improvements over the last decade or so. Grand Campus was private equity that they ended up buying. Case Dining hall they didn’t pay anything for. Surely they have some options out here. I mean I figured they had already been trying to save and raise some money along the way.
I'm thinking it will be a combination of sponsors and bonds.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

My nephew at eku told me that a mass email went out saying that the basketball renovation starts on the 18th !
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

On home games in November and December....

I asked if the basketball teams were going to be road warriors in Nov and Dec.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

What about the new seating in the end zone? That was not addressed in the article?!

Sorry but what does MTE stand for...
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

This might answer your question.

MTEs - Multiple Team Events

We hosted one this year (we played poorly)
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

We only played 5 true home games (had 2 MTE though located at EKU so 7) before Jan 1.

Playing the 2 DII schools at the Olympic center and playing the others elsewhere isn't as big as an issue as I once thought.