Tariq Balogun has entered the transfer portal

EKU05

Re: Tariq Balogun has entered the transfer portal

Post by EKU05 »

Man. That's really disappointing. I thought he looked really promising at times, and we could have used the returning dept down low with Williams gone. Hopefully Bennett can stay healthy next season.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

I'm not surprised. He didn't get much playing time at all in the last 10 games with Williams and Bennett hurt, so that said something about the lack of confidence AW had in him. I agree that he showed promise, especially at the beginning of the conference season. Something went wrong. I sure hope there are at least 2 big guys somewhere in the recruiting pipeline next year.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Bad hands were his biggest weakness. Never heard why he was benched for the last five or six games.
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Brown also.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Rosie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:09 pmBrown also.
There's a whole other thread about him. His news came out first.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

ekubg wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:14 pm I'm not surprised. He didn't get much playing time at all in the last 10 games with Williams and Bennett hurt, so that said something about the lack of confidence AW had in him. I agree that he showed promise, especially at the beginning of the conference season. Something went wrong. I sure hope there are at least 2 big guys somewhere in the recruiting pipeline next year.
Surely there had to be an injury of some kind there. There's no reason at all he wouldn't have gotten at least some playing time otherwise with as thin as we were down low.
EKU002

Post by EKU002 »

Curt Lewis in the portal too. We just gotta get used to this type of roster turnover. Hopefully we gain more than we lose this year unlike last year.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »