North Florida

Steve 82

Re: North Florida

Post by Steve 82 »

We are now 4th. UNA about to lose to KSU. Lipscomb looks like they will win and tie UNA. We do not have tiebreaker over Lipscomb nor UNA. One game back of Stetson who we do have tiebreaker against.

We need a regroup and win Friday to guarantee a home game.

EKU @ Jacksonville
Jax St @ UNA
Lipscomb @ Stetson
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

Thankfully N. Alabama lost to Kennesaw State so we are still in the top 4.

Right now we are in the midst of an identity crisis. We have one senior guard who is tough as nails, plays great defense, but is largely a zero on the offensive end.

We have two freshmen guards who are light switches. One is on so the other is off. And they flip flop. They also are way too aggressive in the worst way. They both love pounding the ball into oblivion and rather than finishing at the rim they love to stop, turn, and shoot fade away one foot 15-18 footers.

I agree about rotation. It feels off right now. I will say this, we are not a deep team. We only have 6 guys who average over 20 min a game. Comer and Walker flip flop there too at who is the sixth usually.
After that Kapiti is the 7th man at 13 min/gm. If our starters are off we are kinda screwed. We just don’t have the depth that a team needs when your starters are struggling. There is the biggest problem/question right now. If our guys, specifically Comer/Walker/Robb, are struggling we don’t have the pieces to even sub them out for a better look.
neugie

Post by neugie »

Its hard to believe Walker is a four star recruit
hoopseku

Post by hoopseku »

Not sure about rankings but he’s not a four star someone missed the boat on that. He’s very frustrating and I usually don’t get frustrated with my colonels.
hoopseku

Post by hoopseku »

So if we lose Friday are we for sure on the road?
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

hoopseku wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:09 pm So if we lose Friday are we for sure on the road?
No. We lose, UNA and Lipscomb both lose, we are still 4th.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

We just need to win Friday, then we don’t have to worry about what others do. To win, though, we need to play like a team and not how we did tonight. Walker can be good or he can be toxic.
hoopseku

Post by hoopseku »

Thanks for clarifying 82. Just win Eku
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Man. Less than a week ago it seemed like a forgone conclusion that we'd get 20 wins before the conference tournament. The UNA game was disappointing, but not horrendous. To let it snowball into this is something else entirely. I suppose the best we can hope for is that it serves as a wakeup call.