BB news from the Richmond Register

g--

BB news from the Richmond Register

Post by g-- »

Yesterday the Richmond Register had an article about EKU basketball in which it says; “The Colonels still have three scholarships available and the coaching staff will continue to explore the transfer portal searching for players who fit into the program.”

Does this mean AW got the funding for more than 13 scholarships, or is Nathan's math off?

https://www.richmondregister.com/sports ... 6e6e9.html
EKU05

Re: BB news from the Richmond Register

Post by EKU05 »

g-- wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:12 am Yesterday the Richmond Register had an article about EKU basketball in which it says; “The Colonels still have three scholarships available and the coaching staff will continue to explore the transfer portal searching for players who fit into the program.”

Does this mean AW got the funding for more than 13 scholarships, or is Nathan's math off?

https://www.richmondregister.com/sports ... 6e6e9.html
It's a good question. Now, I had heard through the grapevine that Cruickshank intended to return, but I haven't seen anything official. Is is possible that (A) that isn't true or (B) it is true but Nathan isn't assuming it without any official confirmation? Then again, Cruickshank wouldn't count officially against the scholarship limit next year anyway so it might be immaterial when it comes to scholarship totals.

Also g, I'd have to investigate the particulars, but it seems possible that neither Beverly nor Williams counts against the limit either since they were seniors this past year. I'm not 100% certain if that's transferable from school to school or not, but it might explain the discrepancy.
g--

Post by g-- »

The article says Cruickshank is coming back;

“Another senior, however, will be coming back to EKU for his bonus year of eligibility. Russhard Cruickshank is set to pursue his Master's degree in business.”
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

g-- wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:29 am The article says Cruickshank is coming back;

“Another senior, however, will be coming back to EKU for his bonus year of eligibility. Russhard Cruickshank is set to pursue his Master's degree in business.”
I'm glad to see that confirmed. I had suspected all along that of the four kids who went through senior night ceremonies he would be the most likely to return. He's such a great energy guy!