Braxton Beverly

ekubg

Braxton Beverly

Post by ekubg »

According to Verbal Commits, Braxton Beverly is transferring to EKU from NC State. A 3-star PG recruit, he's a Sr. who averaged 7.0 points and 2.6 assists per game and played in 23 of their 25 games last year, averaging 25 min/game. He at one time held the record for made three’s. He’s another former Hargrave guy (from Hazard, KY) that played for AW.
Sounds like a pretty good veteran pickup.
Steve 82

Re: Braxton Beverly

Post by Steve 82 »

HerbertDaExpert

Post by HerbertDaExpert »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... atform=amp

ESPN looks to have picked up on Beverly heading to EKU. Was once a ESPN 4 star recruit, HUGE get!! Reminds me of Western Kentucky getting Cam Justice a couple years ago. High level Kentucky kids coming home #GoBigE
g--

Post by g-- »

HerbertDaExpert wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:20 am https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... atform=amp

ESPN looks to have picked up on Beverly heading to EKU. Was once a ESPN 4 star recruit, HUGE get!! Reminds me of Western Kentucky getting Cam Justice a couple years ago. High level Kentucky kids coming home #GoBigE

My concern is that Beverly only averaged 2.6 assists. We just lost (he transferred out) a point guard who averaged over 5 assists this year (also averaged 16 points a game this year). I sure hope Beverly does a good job for us but he has some really big shoes to fill. Looking at Beverly's stats from his last school he seems like an okay point guard, but not a great point guard.
Last edited by g-- on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Don't forget Wade is also a point guard with some skills and I hear his defense is stellar. We were great at pg as the season progressed, and next year, I believe, we will be solid.
Last edited by Rosie on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g--

Post by g-- »

Rosie wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:48 pm Don't forget Wade is also a point guard with some skills and I hear hear his defense is stellar. We were great at pg as the season progressed, and next year, I believe, we will be solid.
Good point Rosie. It should be a good battle between Cruickshank, Beverly, and Wade. Strong completion always makes players push themselves harder.
HerbertDaExpert

Post by HerbertDaExpert »

To be a 1000 point scorer in the ACC is extremely difficult...it's way more competitive then the OVC (no knock on the OVC its just the truth)...According to his bio he's 4th in program history in Assist to Turnover ratio, which is what the Colonels need in a PG with Brown's ball control back. I know I'm looking forward to seeing Green's productivity at the Next level and we can definitely revisit the topic after that happens.

https://gopack.com/sports/mens-basketba ... verly/9393
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

He’s also 4th all time in 3 pointers made at NCST.. chew on that for a while.. 😄
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Rosie wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:48 pm Don't forget Wade is also a point guard with some skills and I hear his defense is stellar. We were great at pg as the season progressed, and next year, I believe, we will be solid.
I know he's had some injury troubles. His scoring average was (slightly) down from his earlier years as well. I think he was just getting a little less playing time than he used to with some new young guys coming in.

g, you're comparing assists per game... but Green virtually never went to the bench for us. I think an assists per minute stat would be a more valid comparison of the two. With all due respect to Hobbs, Green didn't have other ACC-level talent pushing him for minutes.
g--

Post by g-- »

EKU05 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:30 am
Rosie wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:48 pm Don't forget Wade is also a point guard with some skills and I hear his defense is stellar. We were great at pg as the season progressed, and next year, I believe, we will be solid.
I know he's had some injury troubles. His scoring average was (slightly) down from his earlier years as well. I think he was just getting a little less playing time than he used to with some new young guys coming in.

g, you're comparing assists per game... but Green virtually never went to the bench for us. I think an assists per minute stat would be a more valid comparison of the two. With all due respect to Hobbs, Green didn't have other ACC-level talent pushing him for minutes.
You make a good point – I didn’t think about the assists per minute stat.