AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY

ekubg

Re: AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY

Post by ekubg »

That’s an important win and a great job of game planning and coaching.
The test is to follow it with a great effort against what should be a better team in Jax St!
When they shoot 50% from 3-point range and at least tie in rebounds, this team can win a lot of games.
Green had a tremendous game. But I think the effort on the defensive glass was equally impressive.
g--

Post by g-- »

Last night Greg was complaining about APSU’s fake crowd noise. I just saw on the Murray fan forum that they’re also complaining about fake crowd noise at the Murray game last night. I haven’t been to any EKU games this year because of the virus but I sure hope EKU isn’t playing any fake crowd noise. It would be an interesting research project to study the win/loss record of teams that play fake crowd noise compared to teams that don’t play fake crowd noise. I would bet that teams that play fake crowd noise lose more games than teams that don’t play fake crowd noise. I can’t imagine anything more dispiriting for a home team than to listen to fake crowd noise in an almost empty arena.
Last edited by g-- on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

This will likely result in some modifications/interpretations of this NCAA rule. Fake crowd noise is clearly artificial noise.

We have real crowd noise in AC this year.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/champi ... makers.pdf
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

smidge34 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:21 pm You easily have the best Point God in the conference and it takes that. The question is does he have the surrounding cast. TBD.
Bet he gets tampered with as much eligibility as he has left. This kid is a baller.
Last edited by smidge34 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Not that it matters much right now but the NCAA released their first net rankings and we are 157. JSU is 140 and Belmont is 100. Those are the only three OVC teams inside the top 200.

For reference, we finished 291 in the net rankings last year.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

BigDawgEKU wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:14 pm Not that it matters much right now but the NCAA released their first net rankings and we are 157. JSU is 140 and Belmont is 100. Those are the only three OVC teams inside the top 200.

For reference, we finished 291 in the net rankings last year.
Nice ! Thx for the info.. 👍