EASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY

g--

EASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY

Post by g-- »

I’m a little worried about EIU. They’re an experienced team, almost half of the team are seniors.

Roster;
https://eiupanthers.com/sports/mens-bas ... er/2020-21

Stats;
https://static.eiupanthers.com/custompa ... _Stats.pdf
ekubg

Re: EASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY

Post by ekubg »

We should be concerned. EIU is a better team than last year and will be in the top 8 when it's all done this year. They only lost by 11 to Wisconsin and were in one-score losses to UW-GB, Evansville and Dayton. The Kerns better be serious, get off to a fast start, take better shots, protect the basket in the press and play good half-court defense.
g--

Post by g-- »

EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

I don't want to be a pessimist, but I don't have the greatest of feelings about this one. Veteran teams that maintain their composure are probably our true Achilles heel. Less veteran teams that are easy to rattle are really more where we excel.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

Whatever happens tonight, they have to take better shots and hit a better percentage, especially from 3-point range. I think we need for face reality and that is this team is young when it comes to talented, experienced players, Brandon Knapper, Tre King and Michael Moreno top that list. While the young players and transfers are very talented, they haven't played together, nor under this coach for a long time.
The other experienced player with talent, Jomaru Brown, wouldn't be much of a contributor playing his style of game. Honestly, with Brown hurt and likely out for the year, this team has a chance to gel and get better without wondering how to work Brown and his selfish play into the mix.
If they can improve enough to beat Austin Peay and Jax St. at least once each and beat the teams they should beat they might be good enough to beat Murray later in the year, then get hot and knock off Belmont in tournament play.
g--

Post by g-- »

I didn’t listen to the pregame show – did they say what the reason was for the new starting lineup?

Heard later that the usual starters didn’t do well in practice.
Last edited by g-- on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

So, Knapper is out tonight?

Heard later hammy issue.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Pretty good half. Played well together.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

A lot of ugly from both teams tonight. I will say the obvious but we will be in serious trouble if something ever happens to King.

Moreno looked like he did not want to be there tonight. Hope it’s just an off night and everything is ok. Easily the worse game he has played here.

Balogen another solid effort defensively. Will be huge if he can give us that every night. Just needs to improve his free throws.

The ball looks like it was coming off Robb’s hand better. Would not be surprised to see the shot start falling in the next game or so.

Still no offense for the zone. Need to work a lot on zone offense or we will see it a bunch from here on out.

Rebound and hit free throws and we should have easily won that game but I will gladly take the ugly grind it out win.
Sae

Post by Sae »

was not pretty, but was a good scrappy win. Could have very easily lost that one, but battled and found a way to win vs a pretty good team even with a couple guys out for us.