Attendance will be down this year.

g--

Attendance will be down this year.

Post by g-- »

I assume you all got the same e-mail.

“There is a high likelihood that season tickets will be the only means for the general public to see EKU games in person this season.”

“Of the lower bowl and courtside seats previously available to fans, only 4.7% of that capacity will be available this season because of OVC regulations that will require 25-foot spacing between the courtside bench/sideline and the general public.”
EKU05

Re: Attendance will be down this year.

Post by EKU05 »

I'm frankly still skeptical that there will end up being any in-person attendance at all (and I'm not convinced there should be). An indoor event is obviously very different from football, and we appear to be headed into the predicted cold-weather surge in cases as well.

I doubt that I'll make the trip from Louisville this season even if tickets end up being available. ESPN+ it is!
g--

Post by g-- »

I noticed that on the basketball twitter page the players wear masks during practice. Does anyone know, will the players be required to wear masks in the OVC games?
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

I am attending University of the Cumberlands right now and they tipped off their basketball season last night. Students and family members only are allowed at the games right now
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

g-- wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 pm I noticed that on the basketball twitter page the players wear masks during practice. Does anyone know, will the players be required to wear masks in the OVC games?
I don't have any info on that, but I very seriously doubt it.
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

g-- wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 pm I noticed that on the basketball twitter page the players wear masks during practice. Does anyone know, will the players be required to wear masks in the OVC games?
Nothing like that has come down from the OVC office yet. I personally doubt mask would be required in game situations.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles