Our coach

Colonel12

Our coach

Post by Colonel12 »

Former and hopefully future Walt Disney World cast member

Witnessed live the play that had EKU make the #1 play on SportsCenter on Saturday November 6, 2010

I Believe in the Power of Maroon

EKU Baseball writer for OVCBall
EKU05

Re: Our coach

Post by EKU05 »

The athletic department released a video on social media today featuring Coach telling his story. I'm glad to hear he's cancer free!
Sae

Post by Sae »

Glad he is getting good reports, has always seemed like a great man, prayers for his continued good reports.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Witnessed live the play that had EKU make the #1 play on SportsCenter on Saturday November 6, 2010

g--

Post by g-- »

Glad to hear his surgery was successful. He’s a good man and a great coach.
kernfan1990

Post by kernfan1990 »

We all need to enjoy this guy while we still have him. Great coach, seems like a great man. This guy is bound for a big stage at some point in his career. I just hope we get a few good years while he's still around.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

kernfan1990 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:43 am We all need to enjoy this guy while we still have him. Great coach, seems like a great man. This guy is bound for a big stage at some point in his career. I just hope we get a few good years while he's still around.
I genuinely think (hope) he intends to make the stage at EKU bigger before he moves on. He and his wonderful family are really happy here.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Maroon Forever wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:07 pm
kernfan1990 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:43 am We all need to enjoy this guy while we still have him. Great coach, seems like a great man. This guy is bound for a big stage at some point in his career. I just hope we get a few good years while he's still around.
I genuinely think (hope) he intends to make the stage at EKU bigger before he moves on. He and his wonderful family are really happy here.
I agree with all of that, but when the offers/money start rolling in it can be hard to see "no" (see: Danny Hope). In that video that released he mentions that one of his written goals is to win a national championship. It would take us becoming a much bigger stage prior to the "moving on" part of your equation for that to happen here...haha.

My ultimate, but moderately realistic, dream for this program is to see a tournament run that gets us to at least the second weekend (the Sweet 16).
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

This is a powerful story. As the father of a son in his 20’s battling leukemia, this is inspiring. It’s also sobering to know that this disease can strike anyone at any age.
I would also add that he will always be battling this. I hope and pray he stays healthy.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »