Hamilton Gets a 2-Year Extension

EKU05

Re: Hamilton Gets a 2-Year Extension

Post by EKU05 »

g, I'm honestly wondering what percentage of our budget even comes from ticket sales. Certainly it's a factor, but a large number of our sports have no admission charge at all, and students already get in free to everything.

Also, we've already cancelled the spring sports season. We're still paying salaries, but we saved on some serious operating costs there. We're not paying anything related to travel for example.

I can't see the conference closing entirely unless it's forced because we'd be forgoing our cut of the NCAA tournament money.

But again...this is all very hard to calculate. I could be wrong about any or all of this stuff.
g--

Post by g-- »

You make some good points. I also don’t have any answers for the many questions raised by this virus. It’s just speculation on my part.

For those curious about where the money comes from, and where it goes, here’s the 2019 - 2020 OPERATING BUDGET.

Revenue from Athletic Ticket Sales-Home Games is listed as 0.

The budget for men’s Basketball is on page 24.

https://budgeting.eku.edu/sites/budgeti ... Budget.pdf
g--

Post by g-- »

A friend on the EKU faculty told me, “not all higher education institutions will survive this pandemic.” He thinks EKU is OK, but he is concerned about the continued budget cuts from the state and the debt service from recent construction.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

g-- wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:32 pm A friend on the EKU faculty told me, “not all higher education institutions will survive this pandemic.” He thinks EKU is OK, but he is concerned about the continued budget cuts from the state and the debt service from recent construction.
Interesting. Obviously we have a very different gubernatorial administration in place now. I would tend to think the funding was going to trickle back up, but all bets are off now with the aftermath of the virus.