UT Martin

ekubg

Re: UT Martin

Post by ekubg »

I didn’t even know Hicks was hurt. AW has to use Balogun more and Anderson will get more minutes, too.
Maybe this will force Balogun to get better faster, who knows? He’ll have his share of hard minutes, no matter. At least it’s fun to watch some of these bench guys emerge.
Good win. We need to keep the foot on the gas and hit have a letdown against SEMO, then go strong after the better teams in the league down the stretch.
I think you’ll notice our turn around has everything to do with creating turnovers and shooting the ball better. Turnovers are a result of more aggressive defense. Better ball movement and shot selection account for a better shooting percentage. I contend if we would just come close to even on rebounding, this team could knock off the upper division teams like Murray, APSU and Belmont. As it is, we’re out rebounded by 8 in conference play alone!!!
I thought if they’d only won two games in non-conference play in December, instead of going 0 for the month, this team would have a shot at winning 18-20 games. As it is, even with a stellar OVC record, they’ll just hover around .500.
Still, it’s much better watching them now than a month ago.