SIUE

g--

SIUE

Post by g-- »

Can you believe SIUE leads the series with EKU, 6-5. This has been the worst team in the OVC since they joined the conference. Last year we only played SIUE one time – we lost in 2OT. That’s not going to happen this year – we'll win this one.

Also, it shows how bad a coach McHale was that in 3 years he had a losing record with the worst team in the OVC , 1-2.

https://ekusports.com/documents/2020/1/ ... f?id=12665
Colonel Grad

Re: SIUE

Post by Colonel Grad »

g-- wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:33 pm Can you believe SIUE leads the series with EKU, 6-5. This has been the worst team in the OVC since they joined the conference. Last year we only played SIUE one time – we lost in 2OT. That’s not going to happen this year – we'll win this one.

Also, it shows how bad a coach McHale was that in 3 years he had a losing record with the worst team in the OVC , 1-2.

https://ekusports.com/documents/2020/1/ ... f?id=12665
Jeff Neubauer was 4-3 against SIUE. For whatever reason, seems like they've always been tough for us to play against, even some of our best teams. They beat EKU's NCAA tournament team in Edwardsville in 2014
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Colonels win!
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Love the fight and grind of this team. It’s ugly at times with Brown trying to do it all and turning it over, Taylor taking terrible three pointers, being completely lost at times and not knowing how to attack a zone or even run some basic plays on offense, failed communication on defense that leads to an easy basket but this team just keeps grinding and finding a way to win these last couple weeks.

Great play from Anderson down the stretch. He is not the most talented player but he gives you everything he has.

AW still has a ton of work to do to get this team right and I am still not sure how good of a coach he is but he deserves credit for getting the team to fight and grind it out.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

In my book, AW gets credit for playing Carmical when Hobbs went down. The ball movement on offense was much better with Carmical in and Brown on the bench. If it was like this more often, there would be a better flow and scoring would be more evenly distributed, making EKU harder to defend.
I think you would see better shooting percentage from 3-point land too as a result of more open shots.
And on D, The full court press got us back in the game in the first half.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

As disappointing as this season has been relative to expectations, the body language from the team has always been good. The guys aren't checked out. The enthusiasm is still there. They haven't quit in spite of a laundry list of adversity. Lachlan Anderson in particular could be bitter about four years of losing or getting less PT than I'm betting he envisioned when he signed here. But from the looks of it he's having the time of his life every time he steps out on the court with his teammates.

I mean, think about the important players we thought would be available as the school year started...

Kelvin Robinson (would he have been #4 or #22 this year...we'll never know).
Peyton Broughton
Curt Lewis (I hope he sticks it out)
Houston King (he's played, but not much for a potential starter)

And that's not to mention that Moreno came into the season just getting his legs back after missing the offseason, or that we could still have had Tay Weaver as well.

I realize we haven't exactly played the cream of the OVC crop yet, and I realize these first four games were all at home*. But it's hard to ever be disappointed when you win 3 out of 4 conference games. Good stuff. Let's keep it going.

*As nice as it is to get off on the right foot, has it dawned on anyone else that basically half of our conference games were played while the students were not on campus? Thanks, OVC!
Last edited by EKU05 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Not to belabor the past, but we might well have won all four OVC games if the ill-advised technical with Jomaru Brown hadn't sat him down against JSU. We had the momentum and he was playing great.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

That technical that wasn't a technical? #LetTheKidsPlay
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion