JSU

g--

Re: JSU

Post by g-- »

FGColonel posted: “Bradshaw "almost lost the game"? really?”

That’s the way I saw it. We were losing points fast and it was mostly because of Bradshaw who was making mistakes on both defense and offense. Bradshaw was pulled and the bleeding stopped.

So….. yes, I really do think Bradshaw "almost lost the game" for us.

Did you watch him play? I had my eye on him because I wanted to better understand why he hasn’t been playing lately. Now I know.
Last edited by g-- on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
g--

Post by g-- »

bill54 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am Wonder why Oakley isn't being used?
I’ve been wondering the same thing. Oakley and Bradshaw are both terrible 3-point shooters (17%) but Oakley seems to be a lot more athletic than Bradshaw, plus Oakley is a whole lot better when shooting from under the basket than Bradshaw. Maybe Oakley has not been playing because he’s weak on defense, although it’s hard to believe he can be as bad on defense as Bradshaw is.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

g-- wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:10 am FGColonel posted: “Bradshaw "almost lost the game"? really?”

That’s the way I saw it. We were losing points fast and it was mostly because of Bradshaw who was making mistakes on both defense and offense. Bradshaw was pulled and the bleeding stopped.

Did you watch him play? I had my eye on him because I wanted to better understand why he hasn’t been playing lately. Now I know.
I'm with you, g. But what I find most confusing about the situation is that a couple of weeks ago I listened to the post-game show as AWH went out of his way to say Pedro needed to be playing more because there were guys playing in front of him who didn't really deserve to. He actually mentioned saying that to Pedro after the game in question. Immediately after the game where he made those comments Bradshaw seemed to drop off the face of the earth as opposed to playing more.

So based on what I'm seeing I totally agree with you, g. I'm just not sure what prompted Coach Hamilton to go out of his way to make that statement.
g--

Post by g-- »

EKU05 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:41 am
g-- wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:10 am FGColonel posted: “Bradshaw "almost lost the game"? really?”

I'm with you, g. But what I find most confusing about the situation is that a couple of weeks ago I listened to the post-game show as AWH went out of his way to say Pedro needed to be playing more because there were guys playing in front of him who didn't really deserve to. He actually mentioned saying that to Pedro after the game in question. Immediately after the game where he made those comments Bradshaw seemed to drop off the face of the earth as opposed to playing more.

So based on what I'm seeing I totally agree with you, g. I'm just not sure what prompted Coach Hamilton to go out of his way to make that statement.

I remember when Coach Hamilton made that statement. If I recall correctly (correct me if I’m wrong) he said there were guys playing in front of Bradshaw who were not shooting well. However, in the last five games Bradshaw has played in, he has only hit one of his five shots (20%). Almost all of Bradshaw’s good shots came against the NAIA team (BRESCIA).
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

I’ve wondered the same thing about Oakley and Broughton.
Broughton is shooting terribly from 3-point range and Oakley has no shot.
But both started earlier in the year and contributed.
Broughton didn’t play at all against Jax St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neugie

Post by neugie »

I think we should schedule more games in Berea
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

neugie wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:30 pm I think we should schedule more games in Berea
Honestly, having one home game a year that we play at some other site throughout the region (whether it's Berea or somewhere else in Eastern/Central KY) isn't the worst idea. We're named after a pretty broad geographic region, and most of that region isn't close enough to come to game on a regular basis. It might be an effective tool for building the fanbase. It also might be a flop. I'm not sure, but it could be worth a shot.

I know that UK played one home game a year in Louisville for many years. There was actually talk of expanding it to 2 or 3 games a year at one point, but attendance did start to drop eventually at those games.

In fact, in an effort to lure them for more games, the Fairgrounds actually had the Freedom Hall court redone to match the normal UK home court after Louisville moved out of the building and into the YUM! Center. I'm not saying that anyone's going to redo a court for us, but perhaps there's an untapped market for EKU basketball out there somewhere. At the very least a game in Berea could help make us seen as a little more like "Madison County's Team."
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

ekubg wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 am I’ve wondered the same thing about Oakley and Broughton.
Broughton is shooting terribly from 3-point range and Oakley has no shot.
But both started earlier in the year and contributed.
Broughton didn’t play at all against Jax St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Broughton was the only player to wear long warmup pants for the JSU game. He never came out of them. Is he injured?
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Let's not give up on Bradshaw. He's quite athletic and was a dynamite player in high school--and in the running for Mr. Basketball. At one time, Belmont must have seen something in him worthy of a scholarship offer. To me, he seems out of sync...almost lost. I hope in games not close, he will be played a lot so that the game slows down for him. He could well be worth being patient with. Looking back at Weaver as a freshman, I never dreamed he'd become as good as he is now. Bradshaw is 6'7" and can handle the ball pretty well...a real plus. And, Lachlan Anderson as a freshman...what a project he was!
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

Plus 1 Rosie...