"Assuming Corey Walden earns first team All-OVC
honors, each of EKU’s three most recent point guards
will have earned first team All-OVC recognition. Mike
DiNunno (2013) and Glenn Cosey (2014) got the streak
started"
Maroons

Re: EKU vs TTU - again!

Post by Maroons »

How about that performance from Corey Walden? In my time watching the Colonels, none can compare to Corey in his ability to do whatever it takes to win. It seems that as the game goes on, he finds the perfect niche for himself and his team whether he's locking down the other team's stud, turning the other team over, generating off the dribble, penetrating and kicking it out, or even pulling down rebounds.

I can't speak for how he compares to Bobby Washington or Jack Adams, but I've seen Cosey, DiNunno, Rose, Dialls, McLeisch, Witt, Haney, Fields... and Walden has been more impressive than all of them. He does everything.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Maroons wrote:How about that performance from Corey Walden? In my time watching the Colonels, none can compare to Corey in his ability to do whatever it takes to win. It seems that as the game goes on, he finds the perfect niche for himself and his team whether he's locking down the other team's stud, turning the other team over, generating off the dribble, penetrating and kicking it out, or even pulling down rebounds.

I can't speak for how he compares to Bobby Washington or Jack Adams, but I've seen Cosey, DiNunno, Rose, Dialls, McLeisch, Witt, Haney, Fields... and Walden has been more impressive than all of them. He does everything.
Been watching EKU basketball since 1961 and Corey Walden is the most complete player I have seen in that time; quickness, offense, defense, steals, heart, basketball smarts. Bobby Washington was great in a different way. Garfield Smith was a great big man and both he and Washington played in the NBA. Antonio Parris was more athletic and a better three point shooter, but not the complete player Walden is. I hope he gets a shot at the next level.

It has been great to watch him play.
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

Walden will need some extra time in the training room this week to work on his back because he picked up that team in the second half and took the win. But that's what seniors do and he was a prime example of that tonight.

dj
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

Walden's ability to get to the goal is impressive. His defense is by far the most consistent of any EKU player I've seen. I think the difference in this year's team is the development of Eric Stutz into a complete player who logs a LOT of minutes. In years past, Eric could be a non-factor because he picked up early fouls and had to sit on the bench.
It's so nice to see players develop and get better over a three or four year period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk