AW a Finalist for UIC job

FormerColonel08

Re: AW a Finalist for UIC job

Post by FormerColonel08 »

I don’t really think of it like that in this situation.

We probably all assumed this was always just going to be a pit stop for a next move eventually. He listened to another job, now did he decline the offer or just not get the job? Who knows. Don’t think it matters in this situation.

Because he has no choice but to be committed and locked in for next year. Because he currently has no team for next year. So if he doesn’t lock in and stay committed for next year it could be really bad and then he won’t have to worry about other jobs. Because no one is going to look at him if he has a bad year.
FormerColonel08

Get ready for round two of being able to hold on to AW this offseason.

His name is being thrown around now for the James Madison and College of Charleston jobs.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

FormerColonel08 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:09 pm Get ready for round two of being able to hold on to AW this offseason.

His name is being thrown around now for the James Madison and College of Charleston jobs.
Who is throwing them around? Are we talking about credible reporters or message board posters? I still say that I have a hard time believing anyone would come after him with Preston Spradlin available. The resume is just flat out better in every way.
FormerColonel08

It’s not on message boards. Don’t typically check those. They both came from twitter and the JMU one came from a guy that covers JMU.

Spradlins name was on the list for both of them, but think we are going to hear he is going to be taking a different job here soon.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

The first two sites I checked, one newspaper and one JMU fan site (not a message board), did not list him among their roughly ten possible options each. One of them mentioned Spradlin.
FormerColonel08

Not saying he is getting the job. Or even going to get an interview for the job.

But this was the tweet.

https://x.com/shane_dnrsports/status/17 ... E4sb3_r_RQ
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

I’ll be honest, the scenario I’m worried about is the wku job. Lutz is rumored to the ok state job and I’d assume they’d move quick and could offer aw a pretty good contract
FormerColonel08

Everything I’ve read/heard, if Lutz does get the Ok State job it’s going to be Spradlin that gets the WKU job.

He almost got it last time before they went with Lutz.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

Spradlin just got the JMU job
FormerColonel08

Yeah I just saw that.

James Madison spends a lot of money on athletics he will do a really good job there. I also think that means AW will stay put. The only way I thought he had a chance with the JMU job is if Spradlin went to WKU. But my guessing is Spradlin did not want to wait on that decision by Lutz and he got a really good job out of it.