Random off season topic

Sae

Random off season topic

Post by Sae »

I know this mean nothing, but I was looking at next year's schedule and noticed something. What's up with our conference and the color purple? We have 5 purple teams on the schedule and play 4 in a row to end the season, just thought that was really random.
EKU05

Re: Random off season topic

Post by EKU05 »

I've noticed this too!

For what it's worth, I think that purple uniforms often look pretty good, and I kind of wish that any team I actually rooted for wore it. I don't dislike Maroon, but it's all over my life. My college. The high school I teach at. Our Catholic church/school for my kids...all have maroon as their primary color.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Well speaking of random...the somewhat taunted RB from Belfry: Isaac Dixon RB 5-11 203 Fr. Belfry, Ky. / Belfry H.S.
is no longer listed on the roster! :?: :?:

Anyone know his current status?
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

"Our Catholic church/school for my kids...all have maroon as their primary color."

Yell but Maroon is the best!!!
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

EKULFan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:03 pm "Our Catholic church/school for my kids...all have maroon as their primary color."

Yell but Maroon is the best!!!
Oh, I definitely like it as a school color overall, but it's almost comical how many schools I'm associated with that use it!
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

I have often wondered if in the future if we ever get a logo/mascot instead of "EKU" if we might get a new secondary color
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:20 pm I have often wondered if in the future if we ever get a logo/mascot instead of "EKU" if we might get a new secondary color
I doubt they make an official change, but they've definitely incorporated a little silver/grey here and there over time. I don't mind it when they do.

Some may think it sacrilegious, but I'd be at least curious to see a mockup of a football uniform with a silver helmet (classic silver, not the super loud metallic stuff some teams are wearing now).
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

I assume we get a new logo soon. Maybe it is incorporated with the new bball renovation. EKU is always ranked bottom 10 for logo due to it just being "EKU" instead of an actual logo/mascot.

For colors, I was hoping for an accent of forest green or teal (something along those lines). Not a primary but an alternative. A lot of colleges are doing this now to have cooler jerseys or better attire to buy in bookstores. Arizona's baseball jerseys are baby blue, ole miss has baby blue, navy, and red. Baylor does different color shades of green. This is an absolute pipedream. I am not a soccer fan but the Colorado Rapids MLS team colors would be awesome here. https://www.coloradorapids.com/
Sae

Post by Sae »

BleedMaroon wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:39 am I assume we get a new logo soon. Maybe it is incorporated with the new bball renovation. EKU is always ranked bottom 10 for logo due to it just being "EKU" instead of an actual logo/mascot.

For colors, I was hoping for an accent of forest green or teal (something along those lines). Not a primary but an alternative. A lot of colleges are doing this now to have cooler jerseys or better attire to buy in bookstores. Arizona's baseball jerseys are baby blue, ole miss has baby blue, navy, and red. Baylor does different color shades of green. This is an absolute pipedream. I am not a soccer fan but the Colorado Rapids MLS team colors would be awesome here. https://www.coloradorapids.com/
In the name of all that is holy, NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Adding some gray or even black (a little, not a bunch) I'm good with. I don't want teal, or baby blue or whatever random color. Developing a new logo is fine even, although I don't see the problem with what we have now but that's a whole different argument. As far as uniforms go, my favorite we had for football was the Maroon helmet, gray jersey and Maroon pants from a few years ago, I could handle those making an occasional comeback.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

I assume we get a new logo soon. Maybe it is incorporated with the new bball renovation. EKU is always ranked bottom 10 for logo due to it just being "EKU" instead of an actual logo/mascot.
But the thing is that we do have a mascot-based logo as part of the current set that made its debut around 2006 if memory serves. We're intentionally phasing it out (though it is still in the middle of the basketball court as we speak). I've gathered that they wanted to get away from the "old white guy" stereotype of what a colonel is. People have various viewpoints on that, but I'm pretty sure that's what's ultimately behind it.

But we're hardly the only school that primarily uses letter logos.

So if we want a mascot-based logo, we're probably going to have to come up with something more symbolic in nature (like the way Berea uses a bear even though they are the mountaineers, or North Carolina uses a ram even though they are the Tarheels, or Alabama uses an elephant even though they are the Crimson Tide).

Maybe we use Daniel Boone as a mascot? Maybe we have a male/female pair of pioneer people. Maybe there's an animal, but it probably can't be a bobcat, cardinal, horse, or eagle due to use by other state universities which eliminates a lot of the obvious choices.