Random off season topic

Steve 82

Re: Random off season topic

Post by Steve 82 »

ColonelFan22 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:12 am Never change my mind.
Maroon and White only!
The old, original Colonel!
Call me old fashioned, not “ progressive” and an old f**t….. I see it as tradition, which some seem to be he** bent to erase!

My recall of that issue was to update (the live uniform)Colonel mascot FACE to make him more friendly looking as some kids were scared of him (but in general some kids are afraid of ALL mascots), then when it was done we ended up with the silly looking guy we have now. Just so you know, I was on that committee when it was discussed, but we never saw what they actually decided on, and we ended up with a Danny Hope clone. Several years later during the cancel any reference to the American Indian gained momentum, some schools changed from Indian reference ( which some did not and now that’s died down, re: Florida State ) and then we had a professor push to change the Colonel reference all together. Thus here we are!
But, IF we need an additional “ mascot” why not Bulldogs, or Maroon Dogs ( we were the Maroons first). But a hard no to Pioneers for me ( after all they were old white men too if that’s the issue!)

Another issue. I hate the reference to Eastern Kentucky or E. Kentucky. Just my opinion, but an interlocking Varsity font ( look varsity font up) in Maroon outlined in white is a strong look and could be used everywhere including on ESPN!
I don't remember how many years it took to get ESPN off of using Eastern KY.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

ColonelFan22 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:12 am Never change my mind.
Maroon and White only!
The old, original Colonel!
Call me old fashioned, not “ progressive” and an old f**t….. I see it as tradition, which some seem to be he** bent to erase!

My recall of that issue was to update (the live uniform)Colonel mascot FACE to make him more friendly looking as some kids were scared of him (but in general some kids are afraid of ALL mascots), then when it was done we ended up with the silly looking guy we have now. Just so you know, I was on that committee when it was discussed, but we never saw what they actually decided on, and we ended up with a Danny Hope clone. Several years later during the cancel any reference to the American Indian gained momentum, some schools changed from Indian reference ( which some did not and now that’s died down, re: Florida State ) and then we had a professor push to change the Colonel reference all together. Thus here we are!
But, IF we need an additional “ mascot” why not Bulldogs, or Maroon Dogs ( we were the Maroons first). But a hard no to Pioneers for me ( after all they were old white men too if that’s the issue!)

Another issue. I hate the reference to Eastern Kentucky or E. Kentucky. Just my opinion, but an interlocking Varsity font ( look varsity font up) in Maroon outlined in white is a strong look and could be used everywhere including on ESPN!
Kids are afraid of Santa Claus !! 😀
Westside

Post by Westside »

EKULFan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:00 pm Well speaking of random...the somewhat taunted RB from Belfry: Isaac Dixon RB 5-11 203 Fr. Belfry, Ky. / Belfry H.S.
is no longer listed on the roster! :?: :?:

Anyone know his current status?
EKU has not had a lot of success with Belfry players in recent years.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Westside wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:52 pm
EKULFan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:00 pm Well speaking of random...the somewhat taunted RB from Belfry: Isaac Dixon RB 5-11 203 Fr. Belfry, Ky. / Belfry H.S.

He is on UK's roster.
Sae

Post by Sae »

Steve 82 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:01 pm
Westside wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:52 pm

He is on UK's roster.
that's where he started, got no PT, came here, same story, now he's gone back? Seems really weird.
Sae

Post by Sae »

where did you see him on UK roster, I don't see him listed on their 24 roster anywhere?
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Sae wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:12 pm where did you see him on UK roster, I don't see him listed on their 24 roster anywhere?
My mistake. That was before he came to EKU.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

Odd timing but looks like fsu is wearing turquoise jerseys as soon as this year

https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/03/02 ... n/college/
Sae

Post by Sae »

BleedMaroon wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:54 pm Odd timing but looks like fsu is wearing turquoise jerseys as soon as this year

https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/03/02 ... n/college/
at least it has a tie into Native American culture and some tie to the university/mascot. I don't know of any colors that tie with the Colonel other than a KFC logo.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

The original EKU name was the Maroons. It was changed in the 60s sometime. I think it was Dr. Martin that wanted to rebrand.