Coach Jack Ison

bigchill64

Coach Jack Ison

Post by bigchill64 »

I heard today that longtime Defensive Coordinator Jack Ison has been moved to Hospice Care. Coach Ison recruited me to EKU in 1990 and have been blessed that he took a little extra time at my High School to talk to me about Eastern. Coach Ison was an integral piece to all the success Eastern had throughout the 60s 70s 80s and 90s. Coaches intensity, desire, heart and pride in EKU will be greatly missed. More than that I am going to miss him as a friend and mentor, what he has taught me went well beyond the football field. My heart goes out to Mrs Ison and family as I know this is a very sad time for them. Love you Coach!
Matt Childress
DannyHopesGhost

Re: Coach Jack Ison

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

It was my understanding that Coach Ison’s family did not want this on social media just yet?
bigchill64

Post by bigchill64 »

Not sure who you are “ghost” not trying to show out on social media just telling everyone one of EKU’s greatest is falling away.
Westside

Post by Westside »

This is very sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family as well as to you bigchill64.
martinhall1966

Post by martinhall1966 »

Coach Ison was a mainstay in EKU's coaching history! I send my condolences to his family ! Go Colonels!
DannyHopesGhost

bigchill64 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:57 am Not sure who you are “ghost” not trying to show out on social media just telling everyone one of EKU’s greatest is falling away.
I’m just posting what I was told, that it wasn’t wanted to be out on any type of social media. I agree, it’s sad, he was part of the dynasty and I’m saddened too, I was just respecting family wishes. No argument here.
DannyHopesGhost

Coach Ison passed away peacefully last night. Real sorry Childress, for how I worded my comment above.
Braxton

Post by Braxton »

RIP Coach. Thank you for all you did for EKU Football.
- FIRE JAKE JOHNSON -
Sae

Post by Sae »

Coach Ison was an unbelievable man, from the time I can remember as a little kid through now, he was always such a nice man whom everyone loved, in one year, we have lost two of the best to ever work a sideline.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

RIP my friend.