JSU Game

martinhall1966

JSU Game

Post by martinhall1966 »

I think we win and finish a respectable 7-4. Stephen and Sam were too quick and talented! Our boys played til the whistle! Outscoring Sam in the second half was impressive. (The ESPN clowns couldn't call a Pee Wee game!) GO COLONELS!
Colonel Since '65

Re: JSU Game

Post by Colonel Since '65 »

martinhall1966 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:14 am I think we win and finish a respectable 7-4. Stephen and Sam were too quick and talented! Our boys played til the whistle! Outscoring Sam in the second half was impressive. (The ESPN clowns couldn't call a Pee Wee game!) GO COLONELS!
They were not “ESPN clowns” but were the SHSU radio announcers, as is normal for ESPN+ games. Greg does our home games for ESPN+ and does an excellent job. He studies the opposing team and tries to be a neutral announcer. If you haven’t watched one of our our home games on ESPN, after you go home from the Jax game next week you should watch a replay. Greg is the best of any I have heard.
And our video is among the best, much better than the Sam Houston group and better than Milwaukee’s last night.

Go Colonels.
ekugrad1970

Post by ekugrad1970 »

Totally agree…..Greg is very professional in his broadcasting
martinhall1966

Post by martinhall1966 »

I have always thought Greg and crew were great. Thanks for the information.
ekupops

Post by ekupops »

I was disappointed in ESPN’s performance on the Sam Show, it was bush league. They continued to miss the action on kicks and long passes. Is this the best performance we can expect from ESPN? Larry Moe and Curly could have done better. Eastern beat the betters spread which was remarkable when you consider we were playing a well seasoned team of seniors.
Go Colonels!
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Continuing to call us Eastern Carolina University was what broke it for me. Disrespectful performance by whomever did the live coverage. And as has been pointed out, camera angles were horrible. I know many (most) of these are handled by tech/media students at the respective host location. ESPN really should screen better for whom handles the cameras. And be ready to provide some support when necessary. It was really distracting and irritating. However, on the game itself, we were just unable to establish the run enough early to take load off of the passing game. The staff HAS to make a priority of finding road graders for the line.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

martinhall1966 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:14 am I think we win and finish a respectable 7-4. Stephen and Sam were too quick and talented! Our boys played til the whistle! Outscoring Sam in the second half was impressive. (The ESPN clowns couldn't call a Pee Wee game!) GO COLONELS!
Agree that I think we will finish 7-4. Also agree with your comment on the announcers, except they weren’t provided by ESPN, they were Sam H’s regular broadcast crew. When ESPN+ does a game from here, Stotelmyer is the play by play announcer. Difference is he’s a pro.
Jazzman1522

Post by Jazzman1522 »

My understanding of ESPN+ is that the games are typically produced by the schools themselves. ESPN has little to do with it beyond letting them use their graphics and providing the streaming platform. Hence, the inconsistent quality and learning about that girl that used to be on the rodeo team but now she’s a nurse every commercial break.

As for the JSU game, I think this season’s been a big step in the right direction. I hope we finish it right by sending the Gamecocks to CUSA with a real bad taste in their mouth.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

We absolutely need to close out in a big way. If we win, as much as I hate to say it, style points will matter in a big way regarding our bubble team status for the playoffs. We’ve made BIG progressions in many areas since the season started and I believe we have a ton to build off of. At season’s end I will put my thoughts down on moving forward.
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

Jazzman1522 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:11 am My understanding of ESPN+ is that the games are typically produced by the schools themselves. ESPN has little to do with it beyond letting them use their graphics and providing the streaming platform. Hence, the inconsistent quality and learning about that girl that used to be on the rodeo team but now she’s a nurse every commercial break.

As for the JSU game, I think this season’s been a big step in the right direction. I hope we finish it right by sending the Gamecocks to CUSA with a real bad taste in their mouth.
This is how it is done at EKU. We do all of the work and just feed it to ESPN and they stream it.

dj